At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As the Sales Enablement Lead, you will own Segment’s GTM Onboarding and Ongoing Training programs. You will be responsible for the overall skill and knowledge development of AEs, SDRs, and SEs in all of Segment’s offices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build things from the ground up. You will be challenged with creating enablement for a product with 100s of use cases and many different buyers, and you will get to drive a massive impact across an organization of more than 100 salespeople located all around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Design and run new hire sales onboarding across five offices and four countries
- Turn Segment’s ongoing sales trainings into a best-in-class program
- Create a set of metrics that measure the business impact of onboarding & ongoing enablement
- Lead the design and implementation of our sales methodology, working with leadership across sales, marketing, and product
- Create Segment’s first Sales Playbooks, identifying and documenting the best practices from across the sales organization
- Oversee annual Sales Kickoffs, working with the Marketing, Sales, and Executive teams
You’re a great fit if you…
- Are a structured thinker and good listener, able to find patterns and build frameworks
- Love to tackle new projects and make things happen
- Are a great communicator, and can simplify complex topics into something people can understand in minutes
- Have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being innovative, accountable, and reliable
- Have 1+ year in an Enablement or Learning and Development role, and a background in a customer-facing role
- Are excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in the unstructured environment of a hyper growth technology startup
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.