At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Business Technology today is responsible for internal applications across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Finance, and Legal. This includes core systems like Salesforce, Marketo, Segment, and a number of 3rd-party tools. As our first-ever Senior Business Technology Analyst, you’ll help set Segment up to scale beyond its original growth spurt — into the Enterprise and internationally.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize BizTech’s roadmap
- Lead discovery, analysis, requirements definition, testing, and go-live support
- Own the end-to-end delivery of business process and systems improvements
- Define business processes and system requirements for our Go To Market and G&A teams
- Product-manage the business process and technical solutions, making things “stick” in reality
- Facilitate decision-making and secure buy-in and necessary resources
- Improve quality and completeness of documentation and end-user training
You’re a great fit if…
- You care deeply about achieving business outcomes while building sound, scalable and functional technology
- You have delivered complex initiatives that required strong problem-solving skills, project and stakeholder management
- You can communicate clearly at all levels of the organization and make complex ideas understandable
- You have 5+ years of experience with Salesforce administration and/or development
- You possess a thorough understanding of SaaS data models, design considerations, and connected web services
- You have worked in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving business needs
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Salesforce.com Administrator (201) or Developer (401) certifications
- Experience with marketing automation and customer support/success systems
- Operations experience (Sales Operations, Success Operations, Marketing Operations, Business Operations, Revenue Operations)
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.