At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Are you searching for a place where your systems-thinking skills and passion for building can align? As a Product Designer at Segment, you work on highly technical problems and solutions to ensure success for our customers in helping them build better experiences. Read more about the Segment Design team at https://segment.com/design.
What We Do:
- Host collaborative sessions to facilitate creativity, problem framing, and alignment of strategic direction
- Discover insights through continuous customer, user, and stakeholder engagement
- Test designs with users and iterating often
- Work on embedded teams for better collaboration and engagement with PM, engineer, and PMMs
- Rapidly prototype interactions and experiences
- Collaborate with designers and developers to lead, curate, and expand our design system
- Use heuristics and design principles to help refine design decisions and prioritize work
Who We’re Looking For:
- You collaborate with teammates to make their work and team better
- You effectively take direction with feedback from coworkers and partners and have excellent communication skills
- You can work independently/collaboratively and autonomously
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant product design work, across various channels including web and mobile, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You have worked across complex design systems that span multiple products
- You have strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- You have the ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- You are a self-starter with your eye constantly on problems and solutions: you are someone who can easily step into the customer's shoes with enthusiasm to craft magical experiences
Projects you could work on:
- This year we launched our latest product, Segment Personas. We were responsible for the design and execution of our evolved brand identity across the platform and all marketing collateral.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Write about, present, and share what you have learned, both internally and with the wider community via blog, events, design platforms, etc.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation design flows, prototypes, sketches, iterations, lo-fi and hi-fi visuals and a range of skills such as UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, and process
- Experience in collaborating with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with product managers and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills of design work and rationale behind decisions
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed (not data driven) approach to design.
- Familiarity with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Office, Abstract, Framer, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in product design.
All design positions require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication in all forms is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.