Segmed’s mission is to bring higher quality healthcare to millions of patients around the world. We are revolutionizing healthcare research by building a medical imaging data platform with secure and easy data access. We see a future where medical AI helps people get a better standard of care no matter where they are in the world, and we hope you do, too! We are a fast-growing startup in a quickly evolving field and we came out of Stanford and Y Combinator. We're a 100% remote and distributed team.
We’re looking for a Clinical Development Associate who will be responsible for providing clinical expertise and curating and annotating clinical data. In this role you’ll work closely with the entire Customer team to ensure our customer's expectations are met and exceeded, project deliverables are on schedule, and both internal and external stakeholders are well informed and up to date. You will collaborate with the executive, data partnership, and engineering teams to ensure smooth project development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the customer and sales teams to provide clinical expertise for various projects, from feasibility assessment to project execution.
- Draft and review project proposals that include clear requirements, deliverables, and timelines.
- Contribute clinical knowledge to a diverse array of client-facing and internal research projects.
- Revise clinical data and annotate datasets to ensure the datasets' requirements are met.
Required Qualifications: *Application must be submitted in English*
- Proven healthcare domain expertise, preferably as a clinician (physician, nurse, physical therapist) although clinical coders and health researchers are welcome to apply. Bonus points for experience with imaging data and radiology.
- 2+ years of experience in clinical data research, in areas such as data selection for retrospective studies, database querying, epidemiology, statistics, academic research, or similar.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team.
- Fluency in English.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of medical coding standards such as ICD-10, CPT, and SNOMED-CT
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence research and development in the health space
- Comfortable with navigating large volumes of medical data and spending time revising data
- Most be proactive, understand clinical research project requirements and take ownership
- Very effective interpersonal skills including listening, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with business and IT individuals, academic researchers, and physicians at all levels
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Understand healthcare ecosystems and medical and research partnerships
- Knowledge of HIPAA and GDPR regulations
- Healthcare industry knowledge/experience
- Transparency: We tell it like it is, good or bad
- Social Good: People first
- Learning Mentality: We acknowledge what we don’t know and find out
- Integrity: Do the right thing even if no one’s watching
The Segmed team is international. We have team members from a huge variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We consider equal opportunities essential. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.