Trusted and loved by 25 million educators, students, and families worldwide, Seesaw is the only elementary learning experience platform, offering a suite of award-winning tools, resources, and curriculum for teachers to deliver joyful, inclusive instruction. Through interactive lessons, digital portfolios, and two-way communication features, Seesaw keeps everyone in the learning loop by providing continuous visibility into the student's learning experience to support and celebrate their learning.
Seesaw’s mission is to provide every elementary student with joyful and connected learning experiences that lay the foundation for success in life.
Seesaw's proposal writer and contracts specialist role offers a unique opportunity for an individual to be the sole member of the team initially, with the exciting potential to expand and build a team in the future. Despite working independently, you will collaborate closely with various departments such as sales, product, customer success, finance and marketing.
As a Proposal Writer and Customer Contract Specialist, you will play a crucial role in the development and submission of responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) from schools and districts. You will organize and manage our RFP process, drive winning RFPs, and provide feedback to the business on how to increase our opportunity to win. Your attention to detail and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams will contribute to our continued success in providing innovative solutions for educators and students.
- Manage the RFP response process, ensuring that all aspects are well-coordinated, deadlines are met, and submissions are complete.
- Collaborate closely with Seesaw subject matter experts including sales, product, customer success, finance and marketing to gather information and craft compelling content that aligns with RFP requirements while effectively conveying Seesaw’s value proposition.
- Work closely with sales and sales leadership in effectively identifying new RFP opportunities including leveraging and managing industry resources like RFP SchoolWatch.
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence by proofreading and quality-checking and submitting best in class RFP responses.
- Dive into the competitive landscape by researching and analyzing competitor offerings. Utilize this knowledge to: (1) strategically position Seesaw within RFP responses, highlighting our unique strengths and advantages (2) provide feedback to the business on new market opportunities and areas to shore up existing business and product offerings.
- Establish, maintain, and improve upon a comprehensive database to track RFP responses, outcomes, and key metrics.
- Generate reports in and outside of Salesforce to evaluate the performance of RFP submissions, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the continuous enhancement of our response process and product solutions.
- Pursue additional revenue opportunities such as local, state, federal, and private K12 grants and programs that are applicable to Seesaw solutions.
- Additionally, coordinate all vendor documentation for submission of agreements and RPFs, including vendor applications, client required legal forms, company information as requested by the client (e.g. insurance validation), etc.
- Demonstrate proven experience in RFP response coordination or a similar role.
- Posses a strong understanding of the K-12 education market and the edtech industry.
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Showcase strong project management and organizational abilities.
- Proven cross-department, cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Workspace, and Docusign is required. Experience with Lexion and RFP SchoolWatch is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Seesaw. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Seesawers. It is our expectation that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Seesaw will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
The annual base salary for the position is $87,000 - $104,500. This is an exempt position
Benefits include: Medical/Dental + Orthodontics/Vision Coverage, 401k Match, Flexible Paid Time Off, Mindfulness First Fridays, Monthly Technology Stipend, Home Office Setup Stipend, Professional Development Stipend, Paid Parental Leave, Charitable Donation Matching, Volunteer Days.
Seesaw cares about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk — we care a lot about our work, but care more about our employee's well-being. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have a flexible vacation policy that people actually use.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Seesaw is committed to protecting your personal data. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and how to exercise your rights here: U.S. Privacy Notice.
Our company participates in E-Verify.