Trusted and loved by 25 million educators, students, and families worldwide, Seesaw is the only elementary learning experience platform, offering a suite of award-winning tools, resources, and curriculum for teachers to deliver joyful, inclusive instruction. Through interactive lessons, digital portfolios, and two-way communication features, Seesaw keeps everyone in the learning loop by providing continuous visibility into the student's learning experience to support and celebrate their learning.
Seesaw’s mission is to provide every elementary student with joyful and connected learning experiences that lay the foundation for success in life.
This role is a part of our RITS (Rostering, Integrations, Tools, and Setup) team, a full-stack team responsible for streamlining the student rostering & setup experience, as well as building seamless integrations with other ed-tech platforms.
Solving impactful problems on Seesaw’s Engineering team feels different from any other place. First, we are given ownership over the product roadmap early on, collaborating on how and when things will be built from the start. Second, we have a strong connection to the user, listening to teacher feedback and observing how students and families interact with the platform in real life to iterate over our releases. And third, we enjoy ample autonomy to experiment and grow, and often see our ideas pushed to production in weeks, not months.
Globally, millions of children rely on Seesaw every day. That fact is inspiring, and at times, daunting. While we derive a deep sense of purpose from being able to improve students’ learning, it also means we’re emotionally invested in both the successes and failures. So when a child can’t log into their account or something on the platform breaks, we feel it.
Like the rest of the company, our team is growing fast. Keeping up with the pace of growth can be challenging, and we need your flexibility as we define and refine what we need to be. We often learn by shipping, so you won’t find an obsession with rigid processes here. As the Engineering team ramps up hiring, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); constantly surveying employees, participating in training, and learning from our DEI Committee.
Though we care deeply and work diligently, there’s no extra credit for working long nights or spending weekends squashing bugs. When we’re off, we’re really off, enjoying our personal lives and recharging our batteries.
At the end of the day, we delight in how much our users adore our product. It’s incredibly fulfilling to read thank you tweets from teachers and know that, hey, we built something that makes a meaningful impact! And while we saw massive growth during the pandemic, we’ve still got a lot more growing to do. Joining our team now means you’ll get to help us take on new markets and innovate the next features that make the learning experience even better.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to both help build internal tools as well as delivering product experiences that delight students, teachers, and families. All of our product teams are truly responsible for end-to-end development which means depending on the product team you work on and your background you may work on everything from data modeling, architecting a new system or API, or working on user facing product UI.
- Collaborate closely with the product, UX, and engineering teams to design and implement seamless integrations with a diverse range of ed-tech platforms to enhance the student experience.
- Leverage full-stack engineering skills to develop and maintain robust solutions that facilitate the integration of Seesaw's educational tools with external systems.
- Contribute to an iterative development process to deliver new features that students, teachers, families, and school administrators love.
- Full-stack software development for our web app (React) and backend (Python / DynamoDB / ElasticSearch).
- Help develop a strong technical roadmap and engineering culture through design proposals, industry engagement, and more.
- 5+ years of experience developing and shipping features across a frontend and backend stack
- Experience developing and maintaining API connections with external partners, ensuring data synchronization and system interoperability
- Experience building internal tools and software solutions to improve workflow automation and operational efficiency
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - a bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience (bootcamps + non-traditional background are great too!)
- Direct experience designing, developing, and maintaining software at scale. The best candidates will have shipped web applications to millions of users, and will be able to talk about the architecture that supports that scale.
- Strong command of modern web technologies, including at least one SPA framework. (React, Angular, Vue, etc.). Experience developing and using REST APIs or GraphQL.
- Comfort working within complex systems and ability to write readable, maintainable self-documenting or well-documented code to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions.
- A desire to help build performant, robust, thoughtful features within complex systems.
- Familiarity with React, Python, and/or AWS (specially DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, S3, SQS, and Lambdas)
- An inherent product sense with a focus on user experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Seesaw. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Seesawers. It is our expectation that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Seesaw will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
The hiring salary range for this position is: $134,400 - $186,426
This is an exempt position.
Benefits include: Medical/Dental + Orthodontics/Vision Coverage, 401k Match, Flexible Paid Time Off, Mindfulness First Fridays, Monthly Technology Stipend, Home Office Setup Stipend, Professional Development Stipend, Paid Parental Leave, Charitable Donation Matching, Volunteer Days.
Seesaw cares about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk — we care a lot about our work, but care more about our employee's well-being. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have a flexible vacation policy that people actually use.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Seesaw is committed to protecting your personal data. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and how to exercise your rights here: U.S. Privacy Notice.
Our company participates in E-Verify.