Seesaw is an ed-tech company that opens the window to learning, allowing the brilliance and uniqueness of every elementary student to shine through to teachers and families. More than 10 million people across 150+ countries use our all-in-one education platform monthly.
Historically, families had little insight into what their children were learning in school, and students had to demonstrate their skills in a one-size-fits-all way that failed to capture the depth of their knowledge. Since 2013, Seesaw has paved a new way for learning by enabling families to participate in their children’s education. Our platform generates a powerful learning loop that connects teachers, families, and students, thus creating an environment where every student can thrive.
Seesaw’s mission is to create an experience where students are inspired to be their best. We all deeply value education and come to work knowing that what we do today enables future generations. Seesawers take pride in knowing that our work makes the learning experience better and more accessible to all.
This role is part of the Professional Learning team. You will partner with internal teams across Seesaw to ensure you are a true Seesaw expert, deeply understanding all of its features and uses, as well as understanding and internalizing the product roadmap. This role is customer-facing. You will regularly interact with groups of teachers of varying sizes, in person and virtually, to drive success with Seesaw. As required, the role will also partner with district and school leaders at all levels to plan professional development sessions.
Seesaw is looking for an exceptional educator who is ready to use their experience, knowledge and skills to facilitate, and in some cases customize, interactive, impactful Seesaw product training and professional development opportunities for our customers.
- Deliver onsite and virtual professional development and training to support the effective use of Seesaw. Customize sessions as needed based on district requirements with support from the team.
- Maintain training and accounts notes, and documentation in Salesforce.
- Work with customers, Customer Success Managers, and internal team members to understand customer’s professional development needs and guide them towards a session that meets those needs.
- Create asynchronous training resources in partnership with Marketing and internal teams, as needed. This could include collaborating on the creation of videos, written and visual materials for on-demand courses, presentation materials, one-pagers, etc.
- Continuously deepen your knowledge of Seesaw to ensure you are a foremost expert on the successful use of Seesaw.
- Address any customer issues that arise with speed and urgency, marshaling resources across the team and company, as needed.
- 3+ years of elementary teaching experience
- Knowledge of Seesaw and/or use of Seesaw in the classroom
- Prior experience with in-district coaching and/or delivering professional development a plus
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone
- Flexible travel schedule - role could include as much as 50-75% travel during peak season (July - October) and 25%+ during off peak (November - June)
- Willing to work flexible schedule when customer demands require it (evening, early morning, as needed)
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Highly organized, flexible, able to think critically, and a quick learner
- Positive, upbeat, proactive, and professional attitude. Collaborative teammate who is values-driven and supportive
- Tech-savvy with an eye for graphic design
- Comfortable with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Seesaw. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Seesawers. It is our expectation that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Seesaw will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
The salary range for this position is: $58,180 - $69,100. This is an exempt position.
Seesaw cares about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk — we care a lot about our work, but care more about our employee's well-being. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have a flexible vacation policy that people actually use.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Seesaw is committed to protecting your personal data. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and how to exercise your rights here: U.S. Privacy Notice.
Our company participates in E-Verify.
Our company participates in E-Verify.