Seera is the largest travel and tourism group in the MENA region.
Seera means journey. A symbol of change. A positive step into the future. We’re opening up the opportunity of travel for everyone by connecting cultures, through a balanced portfolio of trusted brands that consistently exceeds customer expectations.
About Consumer Travel
We are transforming the traditional travel agency model, by bringing our online capabilities and know-how into retail environments through Almosafer and Tajawal, our Consumer Travel brands. Almosafer is the leading Saudi-based OTA focused on providing flights, hotel and package booking services both online and offline to users in Saudi Arabia and other GCC markets. Tajawal is our UAE focused brand.
This position is in Seera’s Consumer Travel Unit. Our Consumer Travel business has achieved 3-digit annual growth for the past 5 years. We had 145million+ online sessions in 2019.
Our technologies include: iOS app, Android app, Progressive Web App (PWA/mweb), Desktop and responsive web.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer, based in Dubai, to work closely with our product teams focusing on the Flights experience.
- You will work with the team to define and deliver various user experience journeys and workflows from initial ideation to sketches, wireframes, prototypes and final UI.
- You will be solving customer problems across the entire customer journey, from inspiration to post-booking.
- You will identify and understand customer needs, behaviors, and pain points and use this to define problem statements that inform the team’s work.
- You will be expected to have a deep knowledge of our back-office systems and processes.
- You will work in a fast-paced team of engineers, product managers, and product designers to deliver impactful solutions across multiple web and mobile platforms.
The position would require occasional travel to the KSA and Egypt (Cairo).
- Drive a user-centered design approach. Influence the product direction and/or roadmap through UX.
- You will collaborate across teams (flights, hotels, cross-product, CMS, etc.), departments (product, engineering, marketing, etc.) and channels (call centre, retail, digital) for discovery and delivery of solutions.
- You will work with OKRs to achieve ambitious objectives for the Company, and improvements of your UX & Design Chapter.
- Set goals and metrics against the OKR and company KPIs. Measure and report on these goals and metrics.
- Close collaboration with product owners, stakeholders and the development team to define problem statements, success metrics and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions.
- Host workshops with stakeholders to ensure alignment and that your solutions are addressing all aspects of the problem statement.
- Use discovery methods such as prototyping to define and test solutions before delivery.
- UX research
- Work in close collaboration with UX researchers to design and execute studies that uncover user behavior and attitudes, and with a focus on solving problems, addressing our customers’ needs and identifying opportunities to create optimal user experiences by knowing our customers.
- Coordinate with UX researchers in setting up and planning UX research.
- Discover, validate, and iterate design solutions based on user feedback through UX methods such as prototyping, usability testing, interviews, and focus groups.
- Define success metrics, continuously craft A/B tests, analyze results to enable data-driven decisions, and ensuring positive impact in improving the user experience.
- Deliver and communicate insights in creative and engaging presentations.
- Develop and maintain customer journey (through quantitative and qualitative research).
- Delivery (UX/UI/Visual)
- Deliver wireframes, journeys, prototypes, visual design for our iOS app, Android app, Progressive Web App (PWA/mweb), Desktop and responsive web.
- Align with various other products teams to ensure visual consistency throughout flows
- Ensure design works as comfortably with Arabic as with English
- You will contribute to and help to maintain our design systems ensuring UI consistency across teams of designers, multiple products and multiple platforms.
- You are experienced in the entire product design cycle: From UX research, wireframes and prototypes to the final design, implementation and optimization
- 5 years of experience in UX Design with a proven record of successfully shipped mobile consumer-oriented experiences.
- You have strong App experience. Experience in designing for multi-platform, with deep knowledge on the uniqueness of design challenges on each.
- Previous experience working in travel/e-commerce and in evidence-driven teams.
- Proficient in design tools (such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin)
- Proficient in prototyping tools (such as InVision, proto.io)
- Deep knowledge of Google Material Guidelines and Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Know-how in the field of research: interviewing users, setting up surveys and usability tests as well as interpreting the results
- Being able to interpret qualitative and quantitative data into opportunities for improvements
- Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- You have a Hands-on mentality and a structured way of thinking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Required languages: English. Arabic a plus.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to help build and scale infrastructure that will affect 30+ million users across the region
- Flat hierarchy and ownership
- 32 calendar days of annual holidays
- Annual flights home
- Relocation for international candidates
- Tax-free salary
- Great travel deals & discounts
- Annual performance bonus
Please apply with your comprehensive CV and PORTFOLIO :
- With clear examples/case studies of projects that were developed/shipped:
- Explaining your way of working
- What you improved, what impact you made - with before and after metrics.
- The following will be excluded from consideration for the position:
- Submissions without portfolios.
- Portfolios with just images/wireframes/designs, (i.e. portfolios not explaining the thinking and way of working).