About the role:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer, who will be responsible for collaborating with software developers, system operators, and other engineering team members to manage code releases. You will cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing, and operations teams, and maintain our cloud infrastructure as they design, plan and test.
- Setup, deploy and manage application on AWS
- Automate deployments(CI&CD) and other repetitive tasks using shell/Python scripts or tools like Jenkins, CodeDeploy, CodeCommit etc
- Implement auto-scaling and automated backups
- Configure automated alerts/alarms and act on any outages/incidents
- Manage permissions, backup and performance across different databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres etc
- Co-ordinate with development teams to fix issues, release new code
- Innovate and actively look for improvements in overall infrastructure
- Should have 2 to 4 years experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Knowledge on various AWS services like: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, ClodTrail, CloudFormation.
- Candidate must have working expertise on Jenkins as a part of CI/CD process.
- Candidate must have experience on Docker/Kubernates as a container service.
- Candidate must have an expertise in Bash/Python as a scripting language.
- Must have knowledge in Version controlling.
- Self-starter and ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to latest data products such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB is a plus.
- Exposure to various tools like Ansible, DataDog, Splunk, JIRA, Confluence.