Join the fastest growing travel company in the Middle East!
Seera Group, the largest travel company in the Middle East is looking for a passionate Big Data Architect.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Architect who has expertise in building data architecture that aligns with the business, along with high-level planning for the development. This role will take into account various constraints, adherence to standards and differing needs across the business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design the architecture for hosting applications on AWS based on customer needs
- Setup, deploy and manage application on AWS
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize the performance using solutions like database indexes, Varnish, Memcache, Redis, CloudFront etc
- Automate deployments(CI&CD) and other repetitive tasks using shell/Python scripts or tools like Jenkins, CodeDeploy, CodeCommit etc
- Configure centralized configuration management using tools like Chef/OpsWorks, Puppet, Ansible etc
- Implement auto-scaling and automated backups
- Configure automated alerts/alarms and act on any outages/incidents
- Ensure that the infrastructure is secured and can be accessed from limited IPs and ports
- Manage permissions, backup and performance across different databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres etc
- Co-ordinate with development teams to fix issues, release new code
- Manage teams across multiple projects
- Understand customer requirements, propose solutions and ensure delivery
- Innovate and actively look for improvements in overall infrastructure
- Should have 8+ years experience in System Administration with at least 2+ year experience in AWS
- Should have worked on various AWS services like: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudTrail
- Should have experience in data architectures supporting huge volumes of data.
- Working experience in managing/administration of latest data products such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB
- Well-versed with Shell Scripting
- Well-versed with Web-Servers (Nginx, Apache etc)
- Self-starter and ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Comfortable to contribute both as a lead as well as an individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills