About the role:
As a Technical Product Manager for Mawasim, our new religious travel booking platform, you will work with cross-functional teams of Engineers, Designers, Analysts, and other business stakeholders to ensure we build a high-quality travel booking platform that allows pilgrims from all over the worlds to book religious travel. You will manage stakeholder expectations, define user stories and acceptance criteria, as well as prioritize and refine the team’s backlog.
The ideal candidate has a background in API development or system engineering and can quickly absorb new information. In this dynamic role, you will dive deep into the customer enabling products and work directly with our other product and engineering teams to ensure our technical core products can provide high-quality service to fulfill the needs of our customers.
- Translate product strategy into detailed product roadmap, break it into stories and communicate them to the tech team.
- Be the voice of the customer for the product team throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from definition to sunsetting of the product.
- Collaborate with product teams, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and developing needs.
- Be the high-availability resource for answering questions posed by engineers and designers about stories in the backlog on a day-to-day basis.
- Author of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that story content and prioritization is aligned to larger strategic objectives.
- Set up and run A/B and multivariate testing using tools like Google Optimize.
- Lead SCRUM sessions, standups, grooming meetings, estimation meetings, retrospectives and other key meeting
- Manage scope and drive trade-off decisions in conjunction with external stakeholders.
- Identify blockers that will impact timeline, scope, cost or other project variables and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to internal teams like Hotels, Flights and Holidays.
- Software engineering or computer science background
- Experience working in Agile
- Experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, Google Analytics, microservices, API’s, etc.
- Experienced in leading cross-functional teams
- Proficient in data analytics using Excel, or Tableau (or any other data visualisation tools)
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with supporting tools like Jira, Slack, and Kibana