About the role:
We are looking for a strong Software Engineering Manager to help us move from the old legacy architecture to Microservices, and lead and grow the existing engineering team. If you are well versed in solution Architecture, including network, data, application, system, and integration architecture - then we are looking for you!
- Design Technical/Integration Architecture, including development, runtime, and operations architectures
- Define scalable solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns, and microservices automating business process models and cloud-based services.
- Design message and event-driven architectures.
- Lead implementation of large, complex solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technical design across multiple projects and clients
- Provide Technology Consulting services covering areas such as Architectural Strategy, Architectural review/audit and Architectural road-mapping
- Manages the risks, issues, and dependencies of the scoped solution
- Responsible for roadmaps for integration technologies (current and future).
- Introducing Agile processes to the existing team
- You will lead backend engineers, mentor them, and guide from design to deployment.
- 6+ years of intensive backend development and solution architecture.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java or Node.JS (nice to have)
- Outstanding team management and leadership skills
- Strong experience in hands-on platform delivery and architecture design
- Full understanding of Cloud service, AWS and DevOps tools and CI/CD process
- Strong experience with the full life cycle of Agile software development processes, approaches, delivery and methods with scaling to the Enterprise and release management processes.
- Thought leadership and Technical knowledge combined with delivery experience in some of these areas:
- Legacy platform migration
- RESTful APIs and API gateways
- Microservices based Architecture
- Cloud deployment (AWS mainly)
- Ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders on technical solutions
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills