About the Role
The role is responsible for conducting technical support activities for end-users ranging from regular troubleshooting to upgrades and license management to ensure that hardware is functioning at optimum capacity.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for end-user technologies including end-point computing hardware and peripheral devices like printers, scanners & other devices used in branch operations.
- Configures and fixes hardware as per the end-user needs and in line with the minimum IT CFU requirements.
- Conducts functional testing of software solutions to ensure that they are fully operational.
- Participates in the development of detailed technical and product documentation that assists end-users in their daily use.
- Conducts regular upgrades and license management of desktops, laptops, peripherals and other end-user devices as scheduled by the IT CFU.
- Coordinates with suppliers and vendors to ensure service stability and quality aligned with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure Incidents and service tickets assigned to them are up to date in regard to troubleshooting steps and whether they have been resolved or are still pending.
- Assists in the provision of training to users of all levels to use the hardware and systems.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with Manager – End User Computing and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the Manager – End User Computing to ensure that the required training is arranged and attended.
- Strives to achieve the highest levels of proficiency on all the competencies and skills required to perform the role.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques, and current issues through continued education and professional growth.
- Performs other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Manager – End User Computing in order to meet department objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
- Relevant certification in IT Services Management (ITIL)
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in IT technical support for end-user computing, preferably in a large organization
- Advanced understanding of various IT Infrastructure systems and services
- Sound planning and prioritization skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English essential
- Basic proficiency in written and spoken Arabic preferred