About the role:
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to assist with the management and growth of automation environment. The Lead QA Engineer will be hands-on whilst having the scope and freedom to build a new team. This role requires the experience of Java to develop distributed systems driving the Middle East's largest travel agency
- Lead and mentor the QA team and provide full support and guidance.
- Distribute workload and assign tasks to fulfill the required work.
- Provide full test strategy as well as clear entry and exit criteria for all testing activities.
- Communicate the Quality of the vertical to stakeholders and report as mature output.
- Build an automation framework and provide full team support while onboarding.
- Manage team code repositories and ensure best practices are being followed by members.
- Participate and review requirements, specifications during sprint planning.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases whenever needed.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities during SDLC.
- Work as a member of an Agile SCRUM team delivering high-quality software in two-week sprints
- Build and suggest tools to improve code quality.
- Define release processes and guide the team through.
- Convert test scenarios to automated test cases as the primary task.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing to support the development team.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document issues thoroughly during bugs tracking.
- Ability to act as stand-alone and define tasks to start QA efforts in an Agile team
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests.
- 6+ Years of solid experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Solid test automation background to fulfill the primary task.
- Java as a primary programming language.
- Familiar with Restful APIs.
- Hands-on RestAssured framework
- CI & CD tools experience.
- Load and Performance testing experience.
- Runscope API monitoring tool experience is a plus.
- Hands-on git command line.
- Merge and review code work and apply quality checks over code
- Strong knowledge of Software QA methodologies, testing types, tools, and processes.
- Ability to implement Quality checks over the complete SDLC
- Excellent communicator.
- Project tracking tools.
- Agile expert to match up agile team expectations.