Finance Business Partner
About the role:
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner, who will serve as the Group CFO’s link to the Business Units for all finance-related topics and will be responsible for all finance operations and performance of assigned Business Unit covering Revenue Assurance & SBU Services (Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report).You will ensure operational excellence and improve processes to achieve optimization and efficiency.
Strategic and Managerial Responsibilities
- Develops the strategy for the Business unit and guides the development of the strategy for the reporting sections.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budget and annual operating plan for Business unit
- Manages the operational and BU specific capital allocation.
- Measures performance against financial and strategic KPIs for the assigned division and provides guidance for the achievement of targets.
- Maintain relationships with key Business and finance stakeholders.
- Report any risk, compliance, and legal issues to Group CFO.
Business unit Policies and Operational Excellence
- Streamline the entire SBU Services processes including leading to a reduction of administrative time and effort related to the finance processes.
- Review internal control processes and rectifies governance risks for the SBU Services processes.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place for proper process implementation.
- Examine and enhances existing processes for continuously driving operational excellence, process improvement, and service extension management.
Business unit Operations Management
- Manage service delivery of Business unit.
- Manage and monitor FBP organization operations on a monthly/quarterly basis based on defined performance indicators and ensure that it is in line with Strategic Group KPIs/Balanced Scorecards.
- Provide input to Group level finance and tax planning.
- Review and approve BU-specific management reports.
SBU Services Enhancements
- Drive team to seek cost, value addition and continuous improvement opportunities to the SBU Service processes to drive stakeholder satisfaction.
- Supervise activities related to process improvement and transition of activities to Group Services
People Management Responsibilities
- Define goals and key performance indicators for each team and ensure effective implementation of the Group group performance management process.
- Manage the various FBP team members by evaluating their performance, providing feedback on an on-going basis, identifying development needs and coaching them to ensure capability development.
- 5 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Prior experience in leading the accounting function for a large organization with experience in SAP modules deployment and operations especially in a retail industry environment.
- Experience in operational planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong ability to understand business processes and identify risks associated with the same
- Proficient in system driven reporting (ERP based) and analysis
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and scenario analysis
- Experience in managing finance & accounting teams
- Strong relationship management skills
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic & English is essential
- Excellent communication skills required
- Relevant certification such as CPA, CA, CIMA, ACCA is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / Accounting or related field.