About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Backend engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the MENA's largest travel e-commerce websites.
- Design, develop, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Create design documents, perform program coding and testing, following the agile methodology.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Develop well written, testable, and efficient code
- Working with functional, testing, and data teams and transferring knowledge when necessary
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in Java Development, ideally in an e-commerce company
- You have an excellent understanding of Microservices/ service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- You have designed databases in the past, and have experience of SQL and NoSQL database
- You have built web services using spring, hibernate
- You have worked in AWS environment
- You have an understanding of Node.js framework
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to help build and scale infrastructure that will affect 30+ million users across the region
- Flat hierarchy and ownership
- 32 days of annual holidays
- Annual flights home and relocation for internationally-based candidates
- Tax-free salary
- Great travel deals & discounts
- Annual performance bonus