About the role:
We are looking for a strong Backend Lead to help us move from the old legacy architecture to Microservices. If you are well versed in solution Architecture, including network, data, application, system, and integration architecture - then we are looking for you!
- Design Technical/Integration Architecture, including development, runtime, and operations architectures
- Define scalable solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns, and microservices automating business process models and cloud-based services.
- Design message and event-driven architectures.
- Lead implementation of large, complex solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technical design across multiple projects and clients
- Provide Technology Consulting services covering areas such as Architectural Strategy, Architectural review/audit and Architectural road-mapping
- Manages the risks, issues, and dependencies of the scoped solution
- Responsible for roadmaps for integration technologies (current and future).
- Introducing Agile processes to the existing team
- You will lead backend engineers, mentor them, and guide from design to deployment.
- 6+ years of intensive backend development and solution architecture.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java or Node.JS (nice to have)
- Outstanding team management and leadership skills
- Strong experience in hands-on platform delivery and architecture design
- Full understanding of Cloud service, AWS and DevOps tools and CI/CD process
- Strong experience with the full life cycle of Agile software development processes, approaches, delivery and methods with scaling to the Enterprise and release management processes.
- Thought leadership and Technical knowledge combined with delivery experience in some of these areas:
- Legacy platform migration
- RESTful APIs and API gateways
- Microservices based Architecture
- Cloud deployment (AWS mainly)
- Ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders on technical solutions
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills