Seeker exists where technology, innovation and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking Virtual Reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
Seeker Media is looking for a Producer/Editor of social short-form video. The Producer/Editor will be part of a team that pitches, scripts, produces, edits, and publishes a high volume of video content for our social media platforms. This role requires knowledge and understanding of Facebook video, as well as a strong production background with at least 3 years’ experience producing content for the web.
The ideal candidate is a curious and creative self-starter who works collaboratively with others, is highly organized, and has an eye for developing science video coverage that will resonate with a general audience. Strong research, writing, and video-editing skills (Premiere Pro) are a must.
- Pitch, research, write, edit, and publish daily and weekly Facebook video content
- Work closely with the Senior Producer of Social Video on editorial strategy and content quality
- Work closely with the Audience Development team to optimize production based on data insights
- Identify and develop new content sources and platform-specific formats
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Contribute to streamlining workflows and asset organization
- Maintain brand aesthetics and the highest degree of accuracy and quality in all published content
- Select and prepare cleared sourced video and audio to edit and export final projects
- Clear, track, and report all third-party assets
- Archive and organize projects to Seeker quality and technical standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience writing, editing, and producing quality digital video content
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Proficient with Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- A working familiarity with social media platforms
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and within a team
- Close attention to detail and organization
- Proficiency in managing digital production workflow
- Important: Please provide a link to examples of recent work on your resume
- Adept at designing motion graphics and in-video assets for After Effects
- Passion for journalism, science, technology, innovation, and design
- Knowledge of emerging platforms and digital trends
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.