Seeker celebrates relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. We produce best-in-class science stories and short documentaries. Seeker connects with its audiences through daily stories published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
Seeker is looking for an experienced Post-Production Supervisor to join our award-winning creative team. In addition to providing hands-on technical guidance and support to Seeker’s post-production, this role also provides editing support for our original content and distribution partnerships.
The Post-Production Supervisor must have a depth of technical video editing experience, post-production workflows & best practices, as well as an ability to edit and craft compelling and informative stories.
The ideal candidate is a curious and creative self-starter who has a love of troubleshooting, works well with other teams, and really likes science. A comprehensive knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects is a must.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Production and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical support for Seeker’s team of full-time and freelance editors, tracking and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Refine, document and share post-production processes and procedures, including file management and naming conventions
- Coordinate with Group Nine IT to maintain post-production hardware, software, and peripherals
- Work closely with IT and Seeker Production to monitor & maintain the organization of our shared server resources, naming conventions, asset management and file retention policies
- Able to forecast our future hardware and storage needs
- Effectively problem solve and escalate technical, logistical issues across show teams
- Confirm delivery specs for distribution and partnership deliverables
- Test the latest Adobe updates before deploying to all edit stations
- Edit and deliver video content as needed for established series, special projects, promos, distribution & partnership deliveries
- Train and support other editors and freelancers on best practices
- Maintain software licenses and hardware inventory
- Keep us updated on the latest industry software and hardware, and work with production team to integrate these into our workflows as needed
- Regularly report on necessary post-production activityto leadership
- Assist hiring managers in on-boarding new editors
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years industry experience working within video post-production across multiple platform and formats
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro
- Comfortable with both PC and Mac and able to provide guidance & troubleshooting for our mixed platform environment
- Expert in digital video production workflows, tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of video/audio codecs, file formats, camera formats and resolutions
- Experience following editorial guidelines and best practices
- Impeccable work ethic with strong creative, organizational and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to train others
- Strong interest in science, technology, innovation
- Strong knowledge of emerging platforms and digital trends
- Bachelor's Degree in broadcast, film or a related field
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.