Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company's World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME's Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
We are looking for someone who loves operations and understands how crucial the function is to the success of the business. There are over 50 moving parts in our supply chain ranging from fermentation facilities to packaging to fulfillment, and foresight is your most valuable asset. You understand that timelines are sacred, and one small break in the supply chain can break the business. Your inventory management display and tracking system looks like a work of art, with both form and function. You can anticipate a delay and flag it, extract what you need from the team, and solve it with urgency and ease. You think in systems, and sleep easy at night knowing everything has been considered, and there are no known unknowns.
What you’ll do:
- Manage flow of products ensuring the right amount of stock is available to meet demand.
- Generate and maintain short and long-term rolling supply plans based on the demand forecast, with the ability to identify capacity constraints and agree actions to address the issue.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and track open purchase orders to ensure production timelines are adhered to by suppliers.
- Communicate with external partners and suppliers to produce necessary services, ingredients, and packaging through the supply chain.
- Build and manage dynamic, automated inventory and material management systems.
- Analyze inventory, identifying trends and anomalies to ensure risks to the supply network are identified as early as possible.
- Perform root analysis of any issues in accordance with supply.
- Contingency planning for supply interruptions
- Identify and present opportunities to improve the end to end supply chain and drive the implementation of initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have 2-4 years of experience in supply chain and operations functions with responsibilities in forecasting, analysis, and reporting, ideally in a technology, consumer health or DTC E-commerce company
- You love spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- Advanced problem-solving capability, with a focus on continuous improvement and the ability to question process and come up with ideas to mitigate supply risks
- Strong attention to detail
- Dynamic, proactive personality that’s eager to jump into new challenges
- ERP and system knowledge