At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cyber security industry, and we want YOU to be part of the change! Our SaaS products have created a new category of enterprise software, which companies worldwide rely on to manage the cyber security posture of their vendors.
Backed by Sequoia and Google Ventures, we are growing tremendously year over year. As we scale, so does our need for talent - if you are intellectually curious and excited by the idea of contributing to a high-growth startup, we’d love to talk to you!
About the Role
We are hiring a strong systems administrator to manage and monitor our IT infrastructure. In this high impact role, you will partner with our Director of Corporate IT to research vendors, implement software, and design and automate systems. You will also maintain and improve upon our systems by troubleshooting outages, testing applications, and implementing optimizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter - if you are excited to have end-to-end responsibility for our IT and enjoy working on a small team, please reach out to learn more!
- Review, configure, test and maintain existing and new IT systems, software solutions and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions
- Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems
- Resolve server, storage, and IT systems outages
- Resolve help desk tickets
- Host, support, and run company meeting events and presentations
Apply if the following sounds like you!
- AS/BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of prior help desk & systems administration experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Understanding of systems planning, security principles, and software management best practices
- Ability to generate technical requirements for new services and/or problem resolution
- Strong internal customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert/Mid-level knowledge in global Active Directory and Google Administration
- Expert/Mid-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Server and UNIX/Linux design, admin, installation, operations and support
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (i.e., AWS) and enterprise storage solutions
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of configuration management and change control
- Ability to design, implement and maintain automation and monitoring processes
- Experience with on-premise to Cloud IaaS migrations/transformations and technologies (OneLogin, Centrify, etc.)
- Centralized asset, configuration, and package management tools
- Log management and data visualization tools for reporting and analytics
- Understanding of disaster recovery
- Knowledge of network engineering preferred
We're excited to hear from you!