Executive Communications / Senior Content Writer
SecurityScorecard is currently seeking a 360 Executive Communicator and Senior Content Writer to primarily support external communications for select C-Suite leaders. This is a global role with 360-degree responsibilities for overall communications counsel, and deliverables related to driving brand reputation programs, executive visibility and speakerships and external thought leadership messaging and platforms. Strong ability to write new content at both the cyber technical and thought leadership formats are essential. This candidate will also be responsible for implementing a strong social presence for thought leadership on blogs, videos and other digital outlets. Some degree of internal communications is encouraged, although this role largely supports external-facing needs.
The successful candidate will have extensive external communications experience, including: executive-level writing skills (blogs, videos, presentations), overall executive communications experience, strong strategic planning ability, solid cybersecurity and technical experience, and broad knowledge of the cybersecurity industry overall to ensure that SecurityScorecard and its strategy, are well-understood and supported both key influencers audiences. This individual will also help to build an influencer engagement plan as part of core job responsibilities.
This role will be responsible for partnering with organizations across the company to drive consistency in message and process with regard to the thought leadership platforms and priority initiatives in support of Brand & Reputation, Demand Campaigns, Products/Solutions/Services and Corporate functions. The successful candidate will develop the communications plans and content independently (and, in some cases, collaboratively with other functional leaders such as Public Relations, Social Media and Industry Analyst Relations) for these C-Suite communications vehicles and platforms, including keynotes, blogs, videos, media opportunities, analyst briefings, internal channels and social/digital platforms. Prior experience in cybersecurity is required. Experience working with all levels of executives is a requirement. This individual should be seasoned in partnering with senior business leaders, communications colleagues and outside agencies to drive and enhance business results across highly-matrixed organizations.
This individual must be resourceful, strategic and a creative thinker and demonstrate subject matter expertise. This individual must show the ability to maintain and build extensive relationships with team members, influencers and connect them back to relationships within a variety of business and functional areas across SecurityScorecard. This individual will have proven capability in contributing to a world-class communications function. This position will report to the VP of Brand and Corporate Communications.
- Develop executive-level communications for C-Suite, as well as serve as the Senior Content Writer for the business (e.g. work in partnership with C-Suite to develop thought leadership blogs, social media amplification, keynotes, presentations, webinars, videos, etc)
- Create and manage external comms programs in support of the C-Suite, and cyber/and corporate-related content
- Own development of priority narratives/messaging to ensure effective internal/external storytelling.
- Partner with communications colleagues to proactively communicate relevant news to the press and analyst communities.
- Work with other communications functions within Brand & Corporate Communications as necessary to develop proactive and reactive communications plans, including internal/external speaking points and media statements.
- Partner closely with other communicators to ensure consistency in story-telling and alignment in key messages and approach.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team to deliver the right balance of customer communications.
- Provide communications support for these C-suite executives at company and industry events.
- Clearly communicate SecurityScorecard’s competitive positioning and value propositions.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10-15 years of communications experience in cybersecurity and the technology space, with at least 2 full years managing executive communications for a C-Suite executive.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English. Able to easily and swiftly write in executive tone.
- Not phased by writing succinctly and simply about cybersecurity and technology.
- Strong social media and influencer engagement experience.
- Highly-evolved interpersonal and executive presence skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Agile, strategic thinker able to mobilize quickly.
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize third-party analysis and research for cross-functional audiences.
- Experience interacting at all levels of a company, including senior management.
- Self-organized, self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives.
- Able to operate in matrix organizations and manage multiple projects concurrently; comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders; experience working across disciplines and geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field required. Supporting education in Cybersecurity or IT is welcome.
- Knowledge of Executive Communications strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of external communications strategies and best practices, including Social Media/Influencer Engagement and Public Relations
- Knowledge in managing all aspects of speakerships
- Strong cybersecurity, corporate business, financial, legal and HR acumen
- Strategic and technical understanding of blog platforms
- Proficiency in using online tracking and measurement tools desired
- Proficiency in digital/social networking platforms, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel mandatory