Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
We will provide you with an opportunity to scale a high growth SaaS Company as we are eying potential IPO. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team of dedicated, smart, experienced, and motivated professionals!
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting to join SecurityScorecard’s accounting team. This role will support all aspects of SSC’s Order-to-Cash and revenue recognition processes. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, has a passion for building process and automation, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will report to the VP and Corporate Controller and interact with other accounting groups, finance, sales operations, sales finance, sales, marketing, and legal teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of revenue and revenue-related accounts under ASC 606
- Review customer contracts to ensure compliance with ASC 606 and system requirements
- Collaborate with key business partners such as Deal Desk, Legal, Sales to support contract negotiations and provide solutions that align with business objectives and ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies
- Prepare, review, and/or approve month-end close procedures including account reconciliations, journal entries, variance analysis, and other review procedures
- Optimize Order-to-Cash and revenue accounting month-end close processes
- Report monthly revenue results to management
- Lead Standalone Selling Price (SSP) annual assessment and maintain SSP policy for products and services
- Implement and perform SOX controls for Order-to-Cash and revenue cycles
- Lead the creation and maintaining of SSC’s GAAP revenue recognition policies
- Support product launches including identifying risks to the Order-to-Cash cycle
- Work cross-functionally to develop scalable operational processes that ensures accurate and complete financial information
- Assist with contract costs assessment in accordance with ASC 606
- Oversee complex contract billing requirements
- Assist with billing-related tasks as needed
- Support external audit requests
- 6+ years of experience, 3+ years of experience with revenue accounting experience preferably Software/SaaS industry
- Mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of and ability to apply ASC 606 required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Order-to-Cash cycle
- Experience supporting Deal Desk and Sales in customer contracting cycle
- Ability to identify, recommend, and implementation solutions for cross-functional process improvement and automation
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and drive meaningful change
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite/Sage Intacct, and CPQ tools preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, communication skills, and ability to prioritize multiple deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ability to analyze financial data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher education equivalent
- CPA license preferred
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more! SecurityScorecard embraces diversity.
- We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.