Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
We will provide you with an opportunity to scale a high growth SaaS Company as we are eying potential IPO. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team of dedicated, smart, experienced, and motivated professionals!
We are looking for a self-motivated Sr. level accountant who contributes to the accounting policies, procedures, processes related to general accounting. This position will allow you to quickly grow into a position of business partner where you will be looked upon for guidance from an accounting and operational standpoint. You have a solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with revenue accounting operations, reporting, systems, and controls. You will report to a Manager and interact with other accounting groups, finance, sales operations, HR, various divisions, and legal teams.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for business partners in all aspects of the accounts payable, commissions, fixed assets, prepaids, intangible and other assets
- Provide detailed analysis of monthly activity, explaining movements in account balances that are consumable at multiple levels of the organization
- Produce and maintain SOX control documentation
- Monitor, reconcile, and analyze accounts payable, cash, prepaids, fixed assets, intangible assets, and debt
- Be a leader in the design, implementation, and testing of systems and processes related to procurement, accounts payable, fixed, and intangible assets
- Participate in the development, documentation and execution of policies and procedures
- Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end processes and reporting
- Provide support and schedules for external and internal audits
- Manage special projects and perform duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge Microsoft office products
- Experience with business applications such as Intacct/NetSuite, Coupa, Bill.com, Expensify is a plus
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience in establishing effective relationships with business partners: gain an in-depth understanding of their needs to anticipate and deliver beyond their expectations
- Potential to grow with the company and assume more responsibilities
- Experience working cross-functionally with other departments to execute complex projects
- Experience identifying weaknesses in controls and driving resolution
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes and driving improvement
- Project management experience
- A passion for continuous improvement and best practices
- Industry experience with specialization in software and/or SaaS companies
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more! SecurityScorecard embraces diversity.
- We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.