Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
As a member of the Incubation Engineering team, you will be a pioneer of new ideas, features, and products. We are looking for experienced Front-End Engineers who, along with their teammates, can build/prototype new ideas quickly, measure their effectiveness, and assess viability.
Your team, and you, will have the autonomy to define your roadmap, move at your own pace, and deliver innovative solutions with high visibility throughout the organization.
What you will do
- Take ideas from concept to fully working prototype
- Define and measure the results of those ideas and make informed product viability suggestions
- Participate in all stages of the product life cycle: product brainstorming, design, and implementation
- Serve as the team’s subject matter expert for front-end development and architecture
- Ensure the successful transition of a successfully incubated idea
- Not be afraid to fail
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to build complex apps using React / Redux
- Experience with RESTful APIs and http services using NodeJS / TypeScript
- Experience with a variety of CSS frameworks including styled-components
- Experience implementing advanced data visualization technologies at scale
- Experience with GIT version control - trunk based development
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions.
- You're a team-player and have worked in distributed self-organizing teams before
Additional Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with business intelligence, data warehouse, and reporting solutions
- Thoughtful and pragmatic when building software while remaining current with the latest trends
- A go-to resource in your local software engineering community
- Prior leadership experience and open-source contributions
- A history of evangelizing your craft through writing and/or public speaking
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.