SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 400 employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
As a member of the Incubation Engineering team, you will be a pioneer of new ideas, features, and products. We are looking for experienced Full Stack Engineers who, along with their teammates, can build/prototype new ideas quickly, measure their effectiveness, and assess viability.
Your team, and you, will have the autonomy to define your roadmap, move at your own pace, and deliver innovative solutions.
What you will do
- Take ideas from concept to fully working prototype
- Define and measure the results of those ideas and make informed product viability suggestions
- Participate in all stages of the product life cycle: product brainstorming, design, and implementation
- Ensure the successful transition of a successfully incubated idea
- Not be afraid to fail
- Bring your whole self to work
- 5-8+ years of professional software engineering and systems architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience using NodeJS or Python and other general purpose programming languages
- 5+ years of experience building modern web interfaces and improving the user experience (preferably using React - Redux)
- 5+ years of experience using PostgreSQL (or similar relational databases)
- Deep knowledge of APIs including design and architectural patterns, authoring and consuming APIs at scale, API documentation with OpenAPI, security and IAM
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Demonstrable experience with building modern web interfaces and improving the user experience
Additional Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with business intelligence, data warehouse, visualization, and reporting solutions
- Experience building complex data pipeline operations, ETL, and batch processing
- Thoughtful and pragmatic when building software while remaining current with the latest trends
- A go-to resource in your local software engineering community
- Prior leadership experience and open-source contribution
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately; strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.