SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our international team, supporting our immediate initiative to deliver simplified, end-to-end workflows and clear, compelling, intelligent cyber security action plans. As a member of a cross-functional product team trio, you will be responsible for gaining deep insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research and product discovery, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation. You will also be responsible for designing the behavior (interactions) and visual interface of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing product features. If your UX experience or interest does not go beyond aesthetics, this may not be the role for you.
We are lead by a team-authored operating agreement that defines roles and responsibilities, and expectations and behaviors for ourselves and each other.
Our guiding principles:
- Start with the problem.
- Think big. Start small. Learn fast.
- Design in the open.
- Ship to learn.
- What you ship is what matters.
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis etc.) and collaborate/communicate results to the teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of managers, marketers, and engineers to help define business and feature requirements; collaborating on project briefs and writing job stories, analyze empirical data, usability findings, market research, and proven UX principles to justify and prioritize these requirements.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, and design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Use our established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our product suite; when necessary innovate and expand standards to create world-class experiences, architecture, user interface, product features, usability, and end-to-end experience for new features/functionality.
- Present design work to teams and managers for critique.
- The ability to ideate rapidly and creatively. A willingness to discard or revisit ideas that aren’t working. A laser-focus on making measurable impact.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 7 or more years of experience in the design field.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications.
- Experience moving work through the entire product development lifecycle and a portfolio of measurable customer and business outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods—including ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, and participatory design.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management, including facilitation of workshops, critiques, and other collaboration techniques to drive collaboration, momentum, and consensus within the organization.
- Fluency in best-practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Visual design expertise.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.