SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
Be part of an exciting and growing Technology team focused on growing an awesome product called Marketplace. The Marketplace is a one-stop-shop where customers can discover and deploy trusted partner solutions and pre-built integrations to accelerate risk mitigation. Whether our clients are looking to embed security ratings, integrate ratings data, or simplify workflows on their IT service management platform, Marketplace would be the right solution. Our team emphasis is collaboration and shared responsibilities, you will be hands-on involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle. Our team is growing and so will you! Check out our tech stack bellow and let us know if you are our next star.
What you will do
As a Frontend Software Engineer you'll join a self-organizing squad to design, build, deliver and maintain software in the SecurityScorecard platform. Together with the squad team members, you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end features, spanning from front-end to API implementation
- Design, build, and maintain features end-to-end in the SecurityScorecard platform's web app - Work together with the squad to effectively plan and execute on new features with stability, scalability, testability and performance in mind.
- Strive for code quality, engineering discipline, and team collaboration
- Contribute to the architecture of a complex SaaS platform.
- Our Tech Stack - Our codebase is written using functional programming styles
- The platform frontend is written in React.js
- We use Redux for the state management and Redux Sagas for side effects
- We use styled-components as our css-in-js framework of choice
- We write tests using Jest, Cypress.io, and Webdriver.io
- Underlying services are written using NodeJS and TypeScript
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to build complex apps using React / Redux
- Experience with RESTful APIs and http services using NodeJS / TypeScript
- Writing tests (unit, integration, e2e)
- Experience with GIT version control - trunk based development
- Ability to communicate in English on a day to day basis
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions.
- You're a team-player and have worked in distributed self-organizing teams before.
- Experience with Functional Programming practices
- Previous experience with building Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB), writing and optimizing database queries
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.