Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the role
SecurityScorecard is seeking a content writer to create content for various marketing assets such as blogs, articles, ebooks, email, call scripts and content for the company website. The content writer's responsibilities include working cross functionally to understand the value of the company and its products as well as the needs of our customers. They will evaluate analytics to adjust content as needed, and deliver requested content that fits the medium, tone and audience intended.
A successful candidate will keep abreast of the latest SEO techniques and contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader engagement.
What you will do
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content
- Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability
- Design content that is cohesive and comprehensive in guiding buyer personas through their customer journey
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company's current content
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, english, journalism, or related field
- Cybersecurity, SaaS, or tech company experience
- 5-7 years of proven content writing or copywriting experience
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- A portfolio of published articles
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with project management tools a plus (JIRA, Monday, Basecamp..etc).
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.