SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team
SecurityScorecard is looking for a strategic, consultative and results-driven People & Culture Partner with employee relations, talent management, and people operations expertise to join our team. The HRBP will collaborate with leaders across our offices to support the development of high-performing teams, fostering and promoting the SSC’s values, behaviors and culture. S/he will need to build credibility and trusted relationships at the leadership level quickly to drive initiatives and lead change.
S/he will work autonomously but also collaboratively with our globally distributed team, supporting the Revenue organization, Marketing, and Corporate Functions. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of solid technical experience, personal credibility and the ability to engage and build relationships across the organization.
This role reports to the Director, Talent Management (HRBP) and is located in our HQ in New York City or remote/US.
What you will do
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management to develop an integrated talent management strategy that develops SSC’s employees in support of the business strategy and long-term vision of the organization
- Lead talent management activities with a focus on employee relations, performance management, salary review process, learning and development, succession planning and leadership development
- Coach and counsel managers on employee relations matters, employee engagement, and development of their teams through authentic communication
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issue including conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Work across the organization to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Manage performance review criteria, processes and tools
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition Lead, help drive internal mobility opportunities
- In partnership with the Director, Talent Management (HRBP) and the Chief People Officer, work on projects and key initiatives
- Play an active role in the culture initiatives including helping design programming and communications
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development or HR preferred
- 4+ years of experience as an HRBP
- Employee relations experience, ideally in a multinational/fast paced organization
- Strong technical skills
- Previous experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Understanding of commercial teams in a tech environment and their unique culture
- Strong consultative and coaching skills
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Strong customer focus, approachable, patient and empathetic
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable and efficient, with a strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High degree of strategic ability, demonstrating drive and determination coupled with the ability to think creatively and inspire the necessary level of innovation and impact across the organization
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.