SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate and understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating. Our platform is used by nearly 1,000 customers for use-cases including self-monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A.
Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moody’s, Intel, and others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the Role
Commercial Sales Representatives communicate the value proposition of SecurityScorecard’s proprietary solution to Information Security and Risk decision makers at prospective client organizations.
Success as a Commercial Sales Representative requires an understanding of the challenges faced by security leaders and fluency with the security vocabulary of subject matter experts. Experience addressing client solutions through the sale of security products to mid-size enterprise organizations along with tenacity, inherent drive aligns well with the potential to make an impact on our team.
Commercial Sales Representatives work on a dynamic, high volume, high expectations team under the direction of our Director of Commercial Sales. In addition to the upside opportunities associated with securing new business, Commercial Sales Representatives will enjoy the benefits of SecurityScorecard’s dedication to employee success through coaching, skills expansion and continuous learning.
This role will be based in our HQ in New York, NY or Remote.
- Lead meetings and product demos with influencers and decision makers
- Identify need and take a consultative approach to introducing our software as a solution
- Navigate and drive the evaluation process and full sales cycle through to a closed deal
- Iterate on the best, most effective ways to present our product and communicate its value proposition
- Prospect and identify potential clients
- 2+ years of experience as a quota carrying sales representative
- Experience selling security related solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage potential clients in active conversation about security solutions, leading and persuading towards deal close
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Enthusiastic, competitive, self-motivated, hands-on with a strong work ethic
- Ability to take direction and to be coached and mentored, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Familiarity with modern day sales tools including SalesForce and Outreach
- Excellent listener, desire to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
- The desire to work and succeed in a high volume prospecting and sales operation
- Solutions Focused
- Customer Centric
- Embody SecurityDNA
SecurityScorecard values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.