About the Role
SecurityScorecard is hiring a Director of Insurance Industry Market Development to grow our business within the Insurance community. In this role, your primary objective will be to generate net new business, and lead the market development for security adoption for all aspects of the Insurance Industry through targeted penetration of global and national insurance companies.
You will enable the design and implementation of transformational security risk scoring solutions for Insurance companies looking to increase visibility into their customers cyber security risk by incorporating SecurityScorecard into their risk determining architectures. You will manage a broad range of sales, technical, and management relationships within your targets and ensure that the SecurityScorecard field is mapped accordingly.
- You will be the industry and customer facing SME in the sector and work alongside sales, sales engineering, and product, internally and externally, with underwriters, brokers, claims and ecosystem technology partners focused around servicing the insurance industry
- You will engage in board-room level discussions of how our product can bring value to a carrier’s insurance business.
- You will embed SecurityScorecard technology in the client’s go-to-market strategy, reference architectures, and solutions and services.
- You are current on industry news, the regulatory environment, and technology trends within the Insurance industry as well as have a deep understanding of the broader competitive landscape
- Previous experience working within global and national Insurance carriers
- Experience working with Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) a plus.
- Creative approach to the business to drive innovative GTM plans with key partners.
- Hunter mentality and ability to enthusiastically evangelize the SecurityScorecard vision and message
- Track record of exceeding quota; demonstrable knowledge of sales process
- Proven ability to communicate with client stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent presentation skills; strong verbal/oral communication.
- Willingness to travel
- Self-starter; prepares and follows up consistently with customers.
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills.
- 10 years combined sales, security, and insurance experience
- Bachelor’s degree
SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate and understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating. Our platform is used by hundreds of customers for use-cases including self monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A.
Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moody’s, Intel, and others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.