About This Role
The Finance and Operations team is expanding to include a new role reporting to our CFO. The Senior Director, Sales Operations & Business Intelligence role includes strategic sales operations, forecasting, analysis and dashboarding – and requires a mix of sales strategy, process leadership, sales optimization and business support.
This individual will provide analysis, decision support, sales comp planning and oversight, deal forecasting and oversee the documentation review and deal desk for the SecurityScorecard sales organization. They will be responsible for driving the prioritization of Salesforce.com projects as well as helping to build a business intelligence platform.
This person will be the primary business partner of the Chief Revenue Officer, and partner closely with sales leadership, finance and revenue accounting, marketing, and the executive team to drive sales effectiveness and achieve SecurityScorecard’s growth goals.
The Sales Ops leader will lead analysis and make recommendations on: go-to-market strategy, customer segmentation, sales coverage and investment prioritization. Operationally, the focus will be on forecasting, rep performance and trend analysis, business performance tracking, and formulation of actionable recommendations. The successful candidate will regularly brief executives and own various cross-functional initiatives. This person must feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis. This role will have a minimum of four direct reports, but will require the ability to zoom-in and zoom-out (be highly strategic, but also roll-up-the-sleeves and get stuff done).
This role will be based at our company HQ in New York, NY.
What You'll Do
You are a leader with functional experience in sales operations across multiple organizations, preferably with experience within the enterprise SaaS / technology industry. You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly changing, with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while working cross-functionally. You have a strong analytical background, with an ability to use data to be an agent for change and progress in aligning the sales strategy with the direction and needs of the organization.
- Define the strategy and leads the process for setting sales targets.
- Work with the CRO, CFO and other key stakeholders in developing the annual revenue plan based on historical trends, industry growth expectations and execution priorities
- Partner with sales executives on all operational and analytical requests: team restructuring, quota setting, territory planning, business performance analyses, etc.
- Maintain relationships with sales personnel to ensure timely, accurate and prompt forecast submissions
- Design and implement sales compensation plans and deal desk policies, including approval of sales deal flow and administration of monthly and quarterly sales commissions.
- Own responsibility for defining the business intelligence strategy, define metrics and KPIs for sales team; build reporting/monitoring tools. This includes providing thought leadership and operational support for: pipeline and business metrics analysis; M&A integration. Etc.
- Participate in designing the company’s sales incentive and compensation plans in partnership with our People Operations team
- Define strategy and process for calculating and delivering sales incentives
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of technology initiatives to increase sales productivity and automate sales and operational activities (i.e. business intelligence, Salesforce (SFDC) automation, customer relationship management)
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of 4-5 sales operations and business intelligence professionals
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate degree required (Finance, Accounting or Technical/Engineering preferred)
- 10+ years progressive experience in sales operations role. Preference for candidate with experience working in multiple companies with the ability to bring best practices to bear on complex business problems
- Experience managing the sales operations function for a B2B enterprise SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience in sales process design and associated methodologies.
- Experience with the strategic design of back-office systems (i.e. ERP, CRM, SFA) required to support a large and globally dispersed Sales operation; ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Specific experience with Salesforce (SFDC) required and experience with a Business Intelligence Platform such as Tableau, Looker, Domo is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of scalable Sales compensation models
- Excellent project management, organizational, and people management skills; proven ability to deliver projects and manage multi-project complexity
- Outstanding communication verbally, written and presentation
- High EQ and the ability to work well across multiple countries, continents, teams and personalities in a highly matrixed corporate environment
- Professional presence and demeanor and the ability to rapidly gain the respect of C-level executives and other key leaders throughout the company
- Extreme detail orientation and ability to instill that value in others