SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate and understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating. Our platform is used by nearly 1,000 customers for use-cases including self monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A.
Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moody’s, Intel, and others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the Role:
SecurityScorecard seeks a User Researcher to help us evolve our process for organizing user research and testing across multiple Product squads. With guidance from the UX Team, the user researcher will be responsible for deliverables including user sentiments, patterns, and opportunities for improvement regarding the target user’s experience.
- Understand target user’s operations and workflows within the platform
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on the platform strengths and weaknesses regarding target user’s experience
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Designers to define product and design goals, then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions.
- Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Connect target user sentiments to NPS feedback and user metrics to achieve a greater understanding behind promoters and detractors
- Identify new sub-personas, journeys, use cases, or other target users as necessary
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of qualitative user research experience and documentation methods
- Strong understanding on using qualitative data to enrich existing quantitative user metrics data
- Degree and/or demonstrated interest in a user research-related field (HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, etc.)
- Experience developing research protocols and test methodologies
- Availability to travel when needed
- NYC-based a plus
SecurityScorecard values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.