About This Opportunity
This is a pre-sales role. Our Business Development Team is the first point of contact for many of our future customers. As a BDA you would be focused on setting up introductions with our ideal customers. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and will work closely with our Inside Sales Reps (ISRs) and Field Sales Reps (FSRs).
We're looking for people who are excited to own their "business" (within your respective territory). If you're keen on discovering the perfect buyer, crafting messaging that gets attention, and making connections between people, then this is the perfect role for you. Although it's not always the case, ideally this role will prepare you to become a full-cycle Salesperson (i.e. a closer).
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll enjoy the benefits of ongoing training, mentorship, career/life coaching, and guidance. It is a great way to jumpstart a career in cybersecurity/SaaS sales and the skills you develop are applicable across any number of disciplines.
The Business Development Team Mission
The BDRs are the face of SecurityScorecard. As the first point of contact, we evangelize the brand driving new sales opportunities. We’re a group of growth-minded, self-motivated, and highly ambitious sales professionals. We work harder than others, hold ourselves accountable, and put the team first. Our philosophy is, “Next play!” Goal achieved? Next play. Failed miserably? Next play. We embrace coaching, we stay focused on our goals, and we strive to have a growth mindset. We think. We act. We win. Then we do it again.
Our Ideal Candidate - does this sound like you?
This role is focused on sourcing our next sales opportunity. As such, you will be speaking with a lot of people, over the phone, email, or social media (LinkedIn). Our ideal candidate has a knack for recognizing patterns and applying those ideas to broader scenarios. For example, uncovering ideal prospects to reach out to based on Buyer Persona training. When the ideal candidate talks with people (phone or email) they are drawn in and curious to learn more. If this sounds like your greatest nightmare, then this is probably not the role to grow your career.
Some other things we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Engages people effortlessly with oral and written communication
- Shameless audacity - won't back down at the first sight of uninterested
- Digitally organized (to maintain Salesforce records)
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy and extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, and improvement
- Hungry to learn (not complacent)
- Works with urgency (to achieve quota on time)
- Positive, warm, and inviting attitude with a “no challenge is too great” mentality
- Able to work full-time in our Midtown Manhattan office (we do not offer relocation packages or sponsorship for this role)
- Pursuing sales as a career
- Sales experience is a bonus, but not required
What to Expect in Our Hiring Process
- Pre-recorded video interview to learn more about your experience, qualifications and career interests. This will take 15-25 minutes, and you can do it at your convenience.
- Phone conversation with hiring manager to talk in more depth about the opportunity
- In person (onsite or via video) interviews with the hiring manager and team members
- Practical skills assessment
SSC Perks & Benefits
- A full benefits package (health insurance, standard 401k plan, etc.)
- Flexible office hours and paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible dress code
- An annual $3,000 ongoing education stipend
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, beverages, and periodic lunches
- A beautiful Midtown Manhattan office
- Quarterly team outings (escape the room, restaurant week, and more)
- Renown speakers, lecturers, and domain-experts (such as Kim Scott & Allen Gannett)
At SecurityScorecard (SSC), we are revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the cybersecurity risk of any company. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
What makes for a successful SSCer? Your skills are of course key, but your attitude is equally as important. As an SSCer, you will commit to working and having fun in a way that exemplifies our S(CORE) values.
As individuals and as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, and operate as One Team. We are Resilient and Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!