About the Talent Community
SecurityScorecard invites you to join our Business Development Talent Community by sharing your resume or LinkedIn profile with us. We will connect if a role opens that matches your experience and skills, and if we host any networking or special events that align with your interest in sales and business development.
About Business Development
Do you love connecting with prospective clients and evangelizing a product? Are you motivated by working towards a target? Do you feel rewarded when you meet or exceed your goals?
Our Business Development Team is the first point of contact for many of our future customers and provides significant value to our national sales team by driving interest in our platform. Business Development Associates conduct research about decision makers inside target organizations and connect with those leaders to engage them in conversation about the value of our product. Experience in business development is highly valuable as one grows a career in cyber security sales and is broadly applicable across any number of disciplines.
SecurityScorecard welcomes recent grads starting a career and professionals who desire to pivot their careers towards cyber security sales to join our Talent Community.
Some things we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Engages people effortlessly with oral and written communication
- Shameless audacity - won't back down at the first sight of uninterested
- Digitally organized (to maintain Salesforce records)
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy and extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, and improvement
- Hungry to learn (not complacent)
- Works with urgency (to achieve quota on time)
- Positive, warm, and inviting attitude with a “no challenge is too great” mentality
- Able to work full-time in our Midtown Manhattan office (we do not offer relocation packages or sponsorship for this role)
- Pursuing sales as a career
- Sales experience is a bonus, but not required
SSC Perks & Benefits
- A full benefits package (health insurance, standard 401k plan, etc.)
- Flexible office hours and paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible dress code
- An annual $3,000 ongoing education stipend
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, beverages, and periodic lunches
- A beautiful Midtown Manhattan office
- Quarterly team outings (escape the room, restaurant week, and more)
- Renown speakers, lecturers, and domain-experts (such as Kim Scott & Allen Gannett)
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously, and we're looking for people who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. What makes a successful Scorecarder? Your skills are of course key, but your attitude is equally important. As a Scorecarder, you will commit to working and having fun in a way that exemplifies our S(CORE) values.
As individuals and as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, and operate as One Team. We are Resilient and Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.