SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously and targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience and Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization and alignment with these values are as important as your skills.
Are you a intellectually curious, principled and passionate systems software engineer who wants to be a key member of a world class data pipeline team? If elegant design, copy-by-value semantics and generic programming operating at scale appeal to you, then we should talk.
Our engineering team works on a greenfield data processing pipeline that leverages modular, composable, idiomatic C++1x and python to keep things simple and efficient. We haven't ruled out more functional solutions like Haskell yet, we are just missing someone like you to convince us.
SecurityScorecard’s engineering team collects and analyzes data on the evolving security posture/state of the Internet. The problems we tackle are global in scale and must be handled in an efficient and timely manner. Some of the key challenges in our environment are keeping solutions simple and composable so we can reason about them at scale. This is the hallmark of functional programming, high performance computing and large scale distributed systems design.
This is a remote, home office based role in Argentina.
Qualifications and Attributes
Informed Point of View
A successful candidate will have an informed point of view on analysis, design and troubleshooting of large scale distributed systems. This starts with developing a deep understanding of the problem. Desired qualities include:
- Preference for minimally simplistic and highly composable design
- Strategies to avoid cloud service provider lock-in
- Reasoned approach to black-box analysis and troubleshooting
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analysis, design and troubleshooting of our data distribution and processing architecture
- Key developer of Bluepipe our native processing pipeline
- Primary advocate for tool introduction and removal
- Key party in system selection and configuration
- Clear articulated communication (drawings / presentations / writeups) with engineering, operations and product management staff
Tool We Use
- Data definition, format and interfaces
- Definitions - Protobuf V3
- Normalize from - AVRO / JSON / XML / CSV
- Normalize to - Protobuf / ORC
- Interfaces - REST API(s), gRPC and object store buckets
- Databases - Postgres / Presto
- Languages - Python / C++14 / Scala / Go-lang
- Job Orchestration - HT Condor / Apache Airflow
- Analytics - Spark / Databricks / Bluepipe (native)
- Storage - Gluster / NFS / Object Stores
- Computation - Containers / VMs / Metal
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.