SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously and targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience and Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization and alignment with these values are as important as your skills.
SecurityScorecard is hiring an Ops Engineer to bridge the gap between our global development and operational teams who is motivated to help continue automating and scaling our infrastructure. The Ops Engineer will be responsible for setting up and managing the operation of project development and test environments as well as the software configuration management processes for the entire application development lifecycle. Your role would be to ensure the optimal availability, latency, scalability, and performance of our product platforms. You would also be responsible for automating production operations, promptly notifying backend engineers of platform issues, and checking long term quality metrics.
Our infrastructure is based on AWS with a mix of managed services like RDS, ElastiCache, and SQS, as well as hundreds of EC2 instances managed with Ansible and Terraform. We are actively using three AWS regions, and have equipment in several data centers across the world.
This role will be based in your remote home office (Central and Eastern Time Zones) or in our HQ in NY, NY.
- Training, mentoring, and lending expertise to coworkers with regards to operational and security best practises.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on GitHub Pull Requests to team members AND development teams- a significant percentage of our Software Engineers have written Terraform.
- Identifying opportunities for technical and process improvement and owning the implementation.
- Championing the concepts of immutable containers, Infrastructure as Code, stateless applications, and software observability throughout the organization.
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Building tools to ease the usability and automation of processes
- Keeping products up and operating at full capacity
- Assisting with migration processes as well as backup and replication mechanisms
- Working on a large-scale distributed environment where you were focused on scalability/reliability/performance
- Ensuring proper monitoring / alerting are configured
- Investigating incidents and performance lapses
Come help us with projects such as…
- Extending our compute clusters to support low latency, on-demand job execution
- Turning pets into cattle
- Cross region replication of systems and corresponding data to support low latency access
- Rolling out application performance monitoring to existing services, extending integrations where required
- Migration from self hosted ELK to a SaaS stack
- Continuous improvement of CI/CD processes making builds & deployments faster, safer, and more consistent
- Extending a Global VPN WAN to a datacenter with IPSec+BG
- 3+ years of DevOps and/or Operations experience in a Linux based environment
- 1+ years of production environment experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 1+ years using SQL databases (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Strong scripting abilities (bash/python)
- Strong Experience with CI/CD processes (Jenkins, Ansible) and automated configuration tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Experience with container orchestration (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Marathon/Mesos)
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team
- Understanding of monitoring tools like DataDog
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- You knew exactly what was meant by "Turning pets into cattle"
- Experience working with Kubernetes on bare-metal and/or the AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, MongoDB, or Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Presto or Apache Spark.
- Familiarity with computation orchestration tools such as HTCondor, Apache Airflow, or Argo.
- Understanding of network concepts- OSI layers, firewalls, DNS, split horizon DNS, VPN, routing, BGP, etc.
- A deep understanding of AWS IAM, and how it interacts with S3 buckets.
- Experience with SAFe.
- Strong programming skills in 2+ languages.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.