SecurityScorecard is seeking a Contract UX interaction designer - an entrepreneurial-minded, user-focused contributor who will drive everything from the wireframes to user interaction and interface components.
You will work on an innovative, talented micro-team that races to deliver excellent work in tune with customer needs and feedback. You'll collaborate closely with an agile, focused team throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you'll need to have an eye for details and create iteratively.
We’re looking to break molds and think out-of-the-box. If you are ready for a fast-paced project that requires out-of the-box thinking and are available soon, this is great opportunity for you.
- Log feedback from customer call transcripts, live calls, and call recordings into our feedback database (breaking each piece of feedback out by feature it relates to) quickly.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that user needs and product requirements are translated into workflows and compelling, technically feasible interactive designs
- Be able to quickly identify weaknesses in workflow and propose solutions
- Quickly draft up low fidelity mockup/sketches for new feature ideas
- Effectively document and communicate the product design intent using various techniques—e.g. wireframes, low/high-fidelity mock-ups, user workflows
- Digest feedback from customer interviews/research to further refine design POV and intent
- Lead design reviews and bring forward inspiring but informed ideas to the team
- Duration: 8-10 week project
- Located or willing to work in New York City
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with agile methodology - can demonstrate rapid, incremental and iterative approach to UX and Interaction Design
- Experience with or willingness to learn the following technologies: Figma, Illustrator, Airtable
- Experience working on a SaaS platform with multiple user personas.
- Proven user-centric design skills, understands principles of interaction design
- Demonstrated ability to develop user interfaces, prototypes, and requirements such as screen mockups and user flows
- Ability to apply visual patterns and design details across the product and understand all the style implications
- Experience in field studies, usability tests, customer reviews, and other user-centered research methodologies
- Experience with heuristics
- Have understanding and empathy towards B2B users and communities
- Experience partnering with highly technical cross functional teams, and making decisions quickly
- Experience working with customer facing web experiences
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Balsamiq, Illustrator, and Photoshop or other design applications
- Interest in cybersecurity
- Driven, self-starter, out of the box thinker
- Superior attention to detail
- Crystal clear thinking and communication; ability to advocate for their ideas and designs and drive rational discussion
- A go-getter, wants-to-make-an-impact, get-it-done attitude
- Deadline oriented
- The ability to problem solve and proactively propose solutions at a rapid pace