About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statistica, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Documentation and Compliance Team Head, you will supervise the activities of the team and ensure timely and satisfactory compliance to regulatory and internal requirements. You will also support the implementation and compliance of internal controls within the Department and ensure accurate processing, monitoring, efficient safekeeping and custodianship of Promissory notes and other loan documents relating to loan releases and rediscounting of loans with the Bangko Sentral in accordance with the Bank policies and procedures, accepted accounting principles and regulations of Bangko Sentral and other agencies of the government.
How you'll contribute
Governance, Control and Risk Management
- Supervises and controls the documentation Team by ensuring that the operational and control measures are strictly implemented and complied to prevent losses, audit findings and complaints.
- Ascertains that Promissory notes/Disclosure Statement (PNDS) and other vital documents are prepared, notarized and safekept by the Custodian and transmitted to concerned Units within the agreed turn-around time (TAT) to comply with SLA.
- Supervises the scanning and timely uploading of digital files of all processed PNDS and other loan documents to EDMS to prevent unnecessary loss of documents.
- Ensures that the Team submits business and operational, compliance related reportorial requirements within the set deadlines.
- Monitor action plans to resolve issues committed in the RCSAs, Risk Assessments, Issue Escalation/Incident Report, BCP test results, Internal/External Audit findings, Compliance testing findings etc.
- Acts as a liaison personnel of the Department for internal and external audits (including BSP, SEC, external auditor, etc.). Ensures prompt submission of audit requirements, replies to issues, as well as monitoring of resolution.
- Collaborates with Auxiliary Governance Officer or Compliance, Audit and Risk Management on matters related but not limited to: Control and Monitoring, IT Risk, Information Security, Business Continuity Management, Data Privacy, Compliance Risk etc., representing the Department.
Information / Records Administration
- Manages the safekeeping of Original PN and loan documents through systematic and orderly filing of vital loan documents to ensure that they are properly recorded and for audit readiness in the current year and for transmittal for crowning purposes.
- Manages the safekeeping of Manual of Procedures, SLAs of the Department and ensures systematic record keeping.
Leadership / Management
- Assists the Section Head, Unit Head and the Department Head through active involvement in the initiatives of the Unit / Department / Division to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the Group.
- Supports the Unit Head and Department Head through active involvement and administrative functions for Business Continuity Plan, evaluation of staff performance, scheduling of vacation leaves, preparation of competency gaps, implementation of job rotation/staff cross-posting and counseling and implementation of disciplinary action for erring employee.
- Monitors the progress of newly onboarded employees on the loan processes, enterprise systems, and organization culture for them to be fully equipped at the beginning of their career in Security Bank.
- Ensures efficient implementation and proper loan documentation processing by ensuring that all Promissory notes and vital loan documents received for the day are processed, notarized, scanned , safekept, dispatched to Marketing Units, and updated if loan is extended or paid to comply with established Bank policies and government regulations including agreed Service level of Agreement (SLA) and Turn-Around Time (TAT)
- Reviews and signs Statement of Accounts, Loan Certification, Accounting Tickets, manager’s check, official receipts, payment slips and other pertinent documents ensuring completeness and accuracy
What we're looking for
- With 3-4 years of experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Credit Card Companies
- Bachelor's / College Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Finance/Accountancy/Banking
- Knowledge in Lending Products and Operations
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Applications with Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience in Situational Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Career Growth and Management, Time Management, Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, Conflict and Issue Management
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical ability, proactive, and possesses continuous improvement mindset
- Amenable to changes and flexible enough to meet the demands of the role