About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As Loans Accounting and Reconciliation Department Head, you will responsible in the over-all supervision of all officers and staff, and all activities of the Loans Accounting and Reconciliation Department. Ensures timely and accurate processing of loans and financial transactions in accordance with the approved terms and conditions, company’s policies and procedures, accepted accounting principles, regulations of the Bangko Sentral and other government agencies. Coordinates with clients and different units/departments on all items/issues related to loan operations, loans reconciliation, loans accounting, and other reportorial transactions. Provides support to group projects and all operations-related matters.
How you'll contribute
- Oversees system specifications, design, and development by reviewing documentations to ensure that system meets user and business expectations as well as comply with regulations and necessary controls are in place.
- Ensures the correctness and validity of transactions by reviewing, validating and authorizing in accordance with the approved terms and conditions, Bank policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, BSP regulation and other regulatory agencies’ regulations to achieve accuracy and guarantee compliance.
- Leadership/Management 1. Manages direct reports and company policies by enforcing policies with respect to work assignments, employee performance, training, promotions, attendance, discipline, and other personnel and administrative policies to ensure that welfare of the bank, the department and its people are secured.
- Manages and control activities and processes of the department by ensuring that operational and control procedures are strictly implemented and complied to prevent losses arising from abuse/misuse of approving authorities and fraud.
- Oversees and ensures growth of direct reports through coaching, mentoring, cross posting and sending them to internal and external training programs for proper development of skill sets and future career advancement.
- Ensure cost efficiency by implementing cost-cutting measures and proper management of expenses to make sure that the department is within budget. Planning and Organizing
- Assists the Operations Division Head by supporting through planning, organizing and supervising the activities of the department to support the division in the achievement of its goals and set objectives
- Ensures that workflow is continuously monitored, and manpower workload is equitably distributed to achieve operational efficiency Process Improvement
- Ensures that process improvements, new systems, systems enhancements, and automation are properly implemented in order to improve operating efficiency Quality Orientation
- Supervises the activities of the Department adhering established service level agreement and turn-around time commitments are met without sacrificing quality to ensure accurate and timely implementation of loan transactions as well as customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related tasks which may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy / Accounting Technology / Management Accounting / Banking and Finance /Financial Management/ Commerce
- At least 5 yrs relevance experience in Banking and Financial, IT-Hardware, IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin, IT-Software, Logistics/Supply Chain, Process Design & Control, Quality Assurance
- Knowledgeable of the basic accounting principles
- Good analytical ability such as problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications