About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
A collection officer/associate performs collection activities through various efforts like follow-up calls, letter, sms and email requests and responses and thru walk-in visits by customer and document all transactions using a collection system called PRO2COL.
How you'll contribute
Analytical and Critical Thinking
1. Recommends status change, reinstatement, suspension, cancellation and early endorsement thru our collections system to comply with the existing Department/Division Procedure and Guidelines Manual.
2. Ensures awareness and compliance to the existing Policies with reference to the approved collection manual to be compliant with process
Complaints Management / Issue Resolution
1. Attends to inquiries and complaints received via emails, CCM, phone calls from customer or other units to address clients issue and avoid complaints
2. Creates and handle system router via CCM (customer contact manager) to lodge clients concerns, issues, requests
Negotiation or Mediation Skills
1. Performs collection call outs to delinquent accounts by using the Collection System available to ensure that targets in productivity and flow rates are achieved.
2. Initiates probing of clients by endorsing accounts for internet probing, field / skips collections to ensure immediate contact and know clients whereabouts
3. Handles verification and coordination of bank account details for Hold-Out release and application/ application of assignment by sending email to SBC Branch to comply with Credit cards Terms and Condition
4. Recommends payment arrangement using the approved Risk Mitigation Program to extend assistance to clients with financial difficulties
5. Prepares and recommends endorsement of accounts for possible legal processing using the guidelines in endorsing accounts for litigation process to secure payments from clients that refuse to settle using regular collection process.
1. Recommends adjustments/ reversal on accounts thru emails and collection system to clean up accounts of client that have fully settled or to comply with the process that client has availed in compliance with Collection process.
Performs other related tasks which may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for
- Fresh graduate or less than 1 year of experience in Banking, Credit Card Companies, any other industry may qualify
- Bachelor's / College Degree in any field
- Proficiency in the use of Computer and Programs (Excel/Word/Power point).
- Proficiency in Collections transactions and reports such as flow, past due, and recovery rates.
- Good negotiation and analytical skills.
- Good oral & written communication. Aims to be a result-oriented and a team player. Ability to provide customer satisfaction. Proactive and flexible to changes. Values Integrity at work. Decision Maker. Trustworthy.