About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statista, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Import Bills Processor Officer, you are responsible Responsible for timely and proper handling and examination of original shipping documents and sending of disposition
advice and notice of discrepancies to Lending Units.
Responsible in processing Import Bills booking and payments and assist to NON -LC (DA/DP/OA/DR) transactions when
How you'll contribute
- Attends and replies to internal and external clients' queries/inquiries/complaints/requests via telephone, email or over the counter to provide good customer service and manage customer's expectations.
- Performs AMLA Base 60 Sanction screening on all received shipping documents and ensures screenshots are save on file.
- Examines documents received and sends disposition advice and notice of discrepancies to Lending Units in a timely manner.
- Monitors long outstanding documents and sends follow-up to Lending Units for disposition.
- Process Import Bills (IB) by preparing and sending SWIFT messages to settle payment of inward bills sent for collection; to authorize negotiation or lifting of the reserve and advice of refusal of discrepant documents.
- Process Import Bills (IB) by securing proper instruction from Lending Units on FX and interest rate to be used
before booking the transaction.
- Releases original shipping documents to clients or client's representatives by ensuring that full payment is done
or that required documents are submitted to mitigate unauthorized release.
- Process booking & payments for Import Bills, securing proper instruction/approval from Lending Units on FX and interest rate to be used or if to be booked to Trust Receipt. Assist in processing document against payment(DP), documents against acceptances(DA), open accounts (OA) and Direct remittances (DR) if necessary.
- Ensures signatures on documents submitted by clients, e.g. Bills of exchange, TR agreement, LOI, are verified by the Customer Service Unit to attest that transactional documents are valid.
- Pre-advises the Lending Units of IB/Usance maturities by generating report and sending regularly the Schedule of Maturities for the month to remind and alert the Lending Units to get instructions from the clients.
- Encode processed transaction in the Trade system..
- Ensures that all transactions are authorized by the Section Head by checking the Interface Report generated from
the Trade Innovation Plus system at EOD.
- Performs monthly inventory of outstanding IB/CLUA/DA/DP/OA by counterchecking/comparing documents at hand against balances of Monthly Schedule of accounts (SL) and against balances of GL account to ensure that all outstanding items are accounted.
- Receives original shipping documents and SWIFT advice of negotiations under LC or Non-LC and records in excel register for proper accountability.
- Prepares daily, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports by extracting them from generated data from the Trade system to comply with internal and external regulations
- Scans and files transaction documents by using the defined scanner and vault to update records accordingly.
- . Proofreads transmitted SWIFT messages received from SWIFT room to ensure accuracy and correctness.
- Process payments for Import Bills documents by preparing Statement of Accounts,upon request of the client i.e. computation of charges and principal due to collect total amount due from the client. Assist processing of document against payment(DP), documents against acceptances(DA), open accounts (OA) when necessary by preparing Statement of Accounts, i.e. computation of charges and principal due to collect total amount due from the client.
- Checks completeness and validity of required documents submitted, e.g. bill of exhange, TR agreement, fire insurance policy by comparing it against the checklist of doc. Requirements for IB/DA/OA/DP prior to booking of transactions.
- Prepares BSP reports for DA and OA transactions by preparing and submitting the required BSP Schedule to ensure that client can purchase the Foreign currency at maturity.
- Checks and validates the generated accrual of interest for the month for all import bills booked against the GL balances to ensure that computations are correct.
- Performs other tasks assigned by supervising officer to address ad-hoc requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's / College Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Marketing, Open to any field of study
- Fresh graduate / less than 1 year of experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Information Technology
- Basic knowledge of banking/economics and accountancy.
- Computer literate
- Attentive and keen to details; good oral and written communication skills