About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statista, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Inward Clearing Officer, you are responsible for verifying the signature and material particulars of an inward clearing check images and processing of the outward clearing items. Perform other tasks/responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
How you'll contribute
- Verification of inward clearing check images via Expressclear.
- Performs verification via Expressclear
- Verify the date, payee, amount in figures, and amount in words of the check image. Verify the signature of the check image based on the signature requirements indicated on the SSCs and ADF/Sec Cert. Amount limit in the verification of checks shall be based on Rank as set in the COC manual. UV images for check amounting to Php500k and up can be viewed via the UV button on Expressclear.
- If there is a discrepancy (such as no card, unclear check details, or on signature requirement), email the check image to the concerned branch for confirmation and disposition. Note that other technicalities such as postdated, stale-dated, no date, no signature, lacking 1 signature, unauthorized signature, alterations, signature differs, the amount differs, miscleared, etc. shall be automatically returned to other banks
- Checks payable to Cash and Individual/Person amounting to P500k and above shall be emailed to branches for confirmation with the Client.
- Perform random verification of checks payable to Individuals within threshold amount
- Perform quarterly random confirmation for the check payable to Cash and Individual/Person amounting to below P500k
- Ensure to email items for return to personnel handling consolidation of Technical Returns and check if the returned items are included on the Technical Monitoring Sheet at the end of the day for reconciliation purposes.
- Assist in encoding the amount of the check image via the ZP Amount wise
- Act as back-up/Assist in Processing of Outward Clearing Checks
- Ensures proper and accurate encoding of amount via the Batch Amount Keying and Balancing
- Prior to force balancing, double-check the amounts encoded versus the amount on the check to ensure that no over and under encoding of amounts
- Ensures that the batch total and batch count tally with the processed total and count. If not, call the attention of branches if there are possible reject.
- Performs Batch Account Number Entry indicating “0” as the account number on the space. Ensure that this will be done before the 4:30pm PCHC cut-off. (when need arises).
- Assist Outward team in coordinating with branches relative to untransmitted checks during BCP, CICS is down or error is encountered.
- Manual deletion of outstanding check series posted in Rejected report daily thru Equation-CBS option.
- Alternate in daily monitoring of Miscellaneous Liability both in Outward and Inward transactions.
- Daily saving of branches SSC’s for the updating and newly open accounts in BBOG shared folder sent thru email pending approval in SVS luminous system.
- Sending of daily email notifications for the accounts with returned checks.
- Identifies and recommends policies, processes and procedures for improvement
- Provide assistance to other units in case manpower is needed
- Participates in all BCP exercises
- Perform other tasks/responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Administration, Management, Commerce, Finance, Banking, and related course
- With at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties; keen on details