About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for installing, monitoring, maintaining, and tuning the production and test/development Database environments while guaranteeing high data availability. To ensure effective security and integrity of data assets, the DBA will create and execute redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving, as well as stay current with the newest technology and industry/business trends.
How you'll contribute
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly, and monthly on databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations
- Debug, troubleshoot and correct problems in a reasonable, timely manner and provide solutions to resolve issues to meet the needs of users
- Interact with vendor support to obtain information for the efficient operations of system applications and other related equipment or programs
- Install, test, maintain, upgrade, reorganize and patch software related to database systems to ensure effective operation of programs
- Builds database scheme, tables, procedures, and permissions. Creates, tests, and executes data management languages. Develops database utilities and automated reporting
- Develop, implement, and maintain scripts for database backup and restore for all databases and test the procedures periodically
- Develop and modify technical documentation that describes installation and maintenance standards and procedures
- Collaborates with the project manager, software developers, business analyst and programmers for the design, layout, and implementation as it relates to database systems, application servers and enterprise software systems
- It is accepted and understood that the employee may perform other related tasks which may be assigned from time to time
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- At least 5 yrs solid working experience solid working experience with MongoDB, MS SQL or MySQL database administration and SQL programming experience. Oracle DB is a plus
- With solid knowledge in Database server management best practices and tools, knowledgeable in Linux/Windows operating systems and in server, storage, and network infrastructure in relationship to database systems
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills both oral and written