About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statista, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a USD Fixed Income Desk Head, you will manage the bank's USD Fixed Income trading position. You will formulate trading strategies based on market outlook. You will service the USD Fixed Income requirements of Fixed income Sales Distribution. And you are tasked to generate revenues for the bank.
How you'll contribute
- Provide USD fixed-income prices to Fixed Income Sales Distribution over the phone, via chat, or verbally to provide competitive pricing to our customers.
- Monitor the USD fixed-income markets through Bloomberg, Reuters, and other sources of information to generate revenues for the bank.
- Formulate trading strategies based on market outlook through Bloomberg, Reuters, and other sources of information to generate revenues for the bank.
- Monitor USD fixed income positions resulting from customer transactions via Excel to optimize the USD fixed income portfolio of the bank.
- Create proprietary USD fixed-income trading positions via phone or chat to generate revenues for the bank.
- Check and verify management profitability reports from Financial Control Division through email to ensure the accuracy of the unit's profit reports.
- Monitor actual profit and loss performance and accounts for any variance via phone or email to verify the numbers from Financial Control Division with Treasury's estimates.
- Generate daily USD fixed-income transaction summary via Excel or Guava to accurately track gains and losses from USD fixed-income transactions.
- Cover USD fixed income positions resulting from customer transactions via phone or chat to optimize the USD fixed income portfolio of the bank.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, or any related course
- With at least 4 years of working experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Investment Houses
- Must have an experience in people management
- Must have Treasury Certification and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certification
- Must have a basic understanding of the co-dependent relationship of the USD Fixed Income trading team with all the other desks within the Treasury.
- Has an understanding of the USD Fixed Income markets and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Has an understanding of Fixed Income Sales Distribution products and services.
- Has an understanding of the USD Fixed Income markets, the key levers that drive profitability
- Can work with the other traders in Treasury, Compliance, Financial Control Division, and Risk.
- Ability to attain income and volume targets.