About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including one of Euromoney's most prestigious industry awards in 2021—Best Bank in the Philippines.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Product Development Officer, you will be responsible for coordinating with the bank’s business managers from Treasury, Trust Asset Management Group (TAMG), and Wealth Management to envision and develop appropriate products for the bank. From the idea generation, the definition of the customer value proposition, product creation, drafting of the policies and procedures, securing approvals, conducting training, and finally, implementation. The products would range from liability, investment, derivative, and hedging products that may be specifically targeted for clients, or for the bank’s risk-taking, and hedging entities.
How you'll contribute
- Assists the TAMG, Treasury, and Wealth Management teams in the booking, sales, and distribution of relevant products if needed.
- Coordinate with various bank departments to conceptualize and finalize the product
- Actively engages dialogue with the bank’s business managers to observe and understand the market and client products
- Facilitate and coordinate the testing of the product/process with the various bank departments.
- Coordinate with regulators for clarifications or approvals of the product/process if needed.
- Develop and design the processes risks, and benefits of a new product for the banks.
- Regularly meet with the business managers to brainstorm new ideas/products or review and enhance existing products/processes.
- Prepares manuals and procedures for new products and coordinates with concerned units for sign-off and launch/implementation.
- Monitors performance of new products.
- Provides training of new products and procedures to concerned units.
- Provides regular refresher courses regarding TAMG, Treasury, and other investment products to branches by area or by region.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking
- With at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Must have Treasury Certification and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certification
- Must have a basic understanding of the co-dependent relationship of the Product Development Team with all the other desks within Treasury, FISD, WBS, RBG, BBG & TAMG
- Knowledgeable of the fixed income, foreign exchange, trust, and derivatives markets.
- Should be cognizant of all internal & external rules, regulations, and procedures – including BSP Circulars, SEC regulations, PDEX guidelines, market conventions, etc.
- Able to work with RMG, Fincon, TROPs, and the other departments in the bank