About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including one of Euromoney's most prestigious industry awards in 2021—Best Bank in the Philippines.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 316 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Financial Accounting Officer, you will handle the financial accounting of assigned subsidiaries/affiliates. Ensures timely and accurate reporting to internal and external parties of assigned subsidiaries/affiliates. Handles disbursements processing of assigned subsidiaries/affiliates. Assists other team members in the department as needed.
How you'll contribute
- Prepares monthly financial statements and related schedules using excel to be submitted to various internal and external recipients within the prescribed SLA after reference month for monthly reporting to management and other stakeholders.
- Verifies movements of Balance Sheet, Income & Expense accounts within the month using excel to determine and validate variances and prepare the variance report.
- Regularly updates existing manuals to comply with existing policies.
- Prepares accounting tickets using excel spreadsheets for bookings of transactions of assigned subsidiaries/affiliates.
- Prepares requirements for internal and external audits by referring to audit requirements schedules/checklists to meet audit timelines and deliverables to regulators.
- Prepares group reporting packages using the prescribed format of stakeholders (JV Partners) within the prescribed timeline agreed in the SLA and outsourcing agreements.
- Processes daily disbursement requests within the prescribed TAT.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking, or any related field.
- Have at least 3 years experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Leasing/ Financing Institutions
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledgeable in banking transactions, financial reporting standards, and regulations (SEC/BIR/SEC/PSE).
- With strong analytical and project management skills; effective oral and written communication skills; problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver expected deliverables on a timely basis; keen on details.