About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including one of Euromoney's most prestigious industry awards in 2021—Best Bank in the Philippines.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Operational Risk Officer, you will provide an overall high-level summary of the role. In two or three sentences, describe why the job exists and what the work involves.
You will act as a conduit of the assigned group/division/unit with the government offices of the Bank (Compliance Office, Internal Audit, and Risk Management) in ensuring timely and satisfactory compliance to regulatory and internal requirements. And you will support the implementation and compliance of internal controls within the assigned group/division/unit.
How you'll contribute
- Monitor and manage action plans to resolve issues committed in the RCSAs, Risk Assessments, Issue Escalation/Incident Report, BCP test results, Internal/External Audit findings, Compliance testing findings, etc.
- Act as liaison personnel for internal and external audits (including BSP, SEC, external auditor, etc.)
- Ensure prompt submission of audit requirements, replies to issues, as well as monitoring of resolution.
- Collaborate with Compliance, Audit, and Risk Management on matters related but not limited to: Control & Monitoring, IT Risk, Information Security, Business Continuity Management, Data Privacy, Compliance Risk, etc., representing the group/division/unit.
- Act as a BCP representative of the group, participates in planning and testing, reviewing, and obtaining plans from vendor partners (where applicable) to ensure that contingent measures are in place.
- Responsible for generating reports and assessment findings of the assigned group using ORM and Compliance Tools to be submitted to the government offices for validation and confirmation.
- Responsible for information dissemination and training of the group on updated regulatory circulars and policies to ensure awareness of changes that will impact operations.
- Represent the group in internal or external meetings related to governance matters.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies/ Administration/ Management, Commerce, Finance/ Accountancy/ Banking or related majors.
- With at least 5 years experience in Banking Operations / Loan &/or Credit Card Processes / Leasing/Financing Institutions / Deposit &/or Investment products
- Basic understanding of compliance/regulatory requirements, risk management & controls, and bank processes.
- Be able to conduct presentations, table discussions, and pieces of training related to process workflows
- Able to prepare assessment reports, presentations, and findings.
- With strong communication and coordination skills, assertive, detailed, and results-oriented.