About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Operations and Analytics Head, you will provide in-depth analysis of current market trends and patterns and subsequently generate solutions to maintain or improve the Bank’s competitive advantage, leveraging on statistical tools and platforms. You will build, drive, and implement data automation and advance analytics capability in operations. You will develop and optimize complex performance and BSP regulatory reports. And you will ensure that accurate internal and external reports are submitted in a timely manner.
How you'll contribute
- Break down complex Operation Group data into meaningful and manageable components to form a data-driven assessment of the group's present and future performance.
- Navigate around the complexities and challenges involved in execution from both the business and technical perspectives.
- Simplify complex and large-scale initiatives by recommending applicable/practical solutions, with an optimized approach, while leveraging all available tools/platforms, in an agile methodology.
- Understand trends and uses market data to suggest actions on how the Bank can continue to be competitive in the market.
- Generate a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with the recommendation.
- Build a pipeline of initiatives that will bring better customer experience, as well as productivity uplift, process efficiency, cost avoidance, and risk mitigation benefits to the business.
- Lead discussions and coordinate with various units of the Bank thru emails and meetings to gain alignment on business goals and internal policies.
- Ensure delivery to a business, finance, operations units with Adhoc MIS reporting to support their internal reporting needs.
- Drive and develop end-to-end automation of data collection and production of routine reports using different technology platforms, including but is not limited to SQL Database Server (SSIS/SSRS/Jobs), AWS, PowerBI, etc.
- Build data automation and advance analytics capabilities by upskilling and mentoring the team, using different statistical tools like SAS, PowerBI, R, Python, AWS.
- Strategize and provide guidance on rationalization and simplification of disparate reports, consolidation of similar report/metrics by building large performance dashboards; and optimize reports preparation by leveraging on different technologies.
- Supervise and guide the Analytics & MIS team in accordance with the existing Department/Division Procedures and Policies Manual.
- Consolidate and assess individual and department targets to ensure that they are met based on the approved KRA.
- Manage available resources, deliverables, and capacity effectively to support the group’s short and long-term goals.
- Set individual and team goals that are aligned with the Bank's core values.
- Ensure that shared data are protected from accidental disclosures, unauthorized access or modification, and inappropriate use.
- Monitor accurate dissemination of data or information in accordance with established policies or guidelines.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, or any related field.
- Have at least 6 years experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Research and Development
- Knowledge of basic statistical analyses
- Expertise in any of the following programming languages (SAS, R, Python, SQL) and other reporting tools like Excel, Power BI, and SQL Database (SSIS/SSRS).
- Data storytelling skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent presentation skills.
- Able to generate accurate reports and able to provide relevant and actionable insights
- Able to lead and inspire a team of analysts
- Able to work on several projects at a time